Is M. Austin WR CLE

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by topdawgs, Aug 17, 2014.

1. topdawgs

topdawgs 2nd String Premium Member

Is M. Austin a Good pick up?

My WR's
    1. D. Jackosn (WAS) BYE (10)
    2. M. Crabtree ( SF) BYE (8)
    3. T. Smith ( BAL ) BYE (11)
    4. D. Hopkins (HOU) BYE (10)
    5. R. Randle ( NYG) BYE (8)
    6. K. Benjamin (CAR) BYE (12)
    7. J. Boykin (GB) BYE (9)

A. Luck is my QB
    M. Forte RB
    G. Bernard RB
    R. Rice RB
    F. Jackson RB

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Not over anyone you have no. Even Boykin has much more upside than Austin. Not to mention you have A LOT of receivers to begin with.

3. topdawgs

Yes I do have lots of WR.
    I check the WW n I don't see any good RB available.

4. topdawgs

I'm thinking of dropping R. Randle wr NYG for L. Blount RB

5. Greg Brosh

don't make any moves for now. we don't know how blount is going to be used yet. stand pat and wait until 1-2 weeks to do something. i wouldn't add or drop anyone yet, especially randle.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

If you had a free spot yes. Austin would be a decent player to hold for a couple weeks into the season to see if he produces.

However I wouldnt drop anyone you have

7. topdawgs

Thanks. I don't have a free spot to pick him up

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

NO. Randle might be a huge part of the offense this year. Although the Giants look terrible on offense

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd drop Boykin if anyone. His production is going to be rough behind Nelson and Cobb. Austin could be productive, especially with Gordon out. If he is productive and you want to pick him up, he may not be there unless you're at the bottom of the barrel. Try to read up on some of the Browns preseason game reviews...

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Boykins a 4th wideout at best on that team...behind Nelson, Cobb, and soon if not already, Adams. He's not worth rostering outside of a dynasty or some really deep rostered like 16 team redraft. Austin is at least a (somewhat talented when healthy) starter on a team without many other options at the position...he doesnt excite me at all but I'd take him over Boykin in a second.

Kurt and 86WARD like this.
  11. Greg Brosh

Walnuts does have a point. And you have so many receivers, you'll never use Boykins even on a bye.

I change my vote to drop Boykins for Austin.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

As a Browns fan, I wouldn't roster Austin

13. Greg Brosh

You just blew this guy's mind. Damned if you do Damned if you don't on this one I suppose.

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Just my opinion, there's gotta be someone else out there more worthy at this point. Austin has done little to distinguish himself, and that could change, but I wouldn't preempt it. While I'm really rooting for the Browns passing game to develop, I won't be investing in it aside from Cameron.

15. lucky13

lucky13 2nd String Premium Member

As a person who follows the Packers religiously, and watches every single video every single day that is posted from interviews on their website from Mike McCarthy to all the players by their lockers......Rogers has to have players in there that he trusts and knows the offense inside and out.....not only their own position but all the others within the WR corp. The slot guys need to know the routes of the outside guys and vice versa. One of the reasons Boykin got so much playing time last year when everyone was hurt was because he knew the playbook like the back of his hand at ALL of WR routes. Davante Adams and Jeff Janis could make a difference as rookies but I wouldn't be counting on Boykin to be the #4 guy out of the gate. For sure #3 at this moment in time.

16. Greg Brosh

@topdawgs the suspense is going to be killing me since every other post is opposite of the other.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Your 6 receivers deep. You'll never use Boykin or Austin unless you really have bad luck with injuries.

17. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I'll be the tie breaker..

M. Austin isn't better than what you have already.. hell he's already banged up.

If was you, I'd be looking for RB depth - start a new thread with the top 40 RB's on your waiver wire and who you are willing to drop.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I would stay as far away as I can from Miles Austin.