NFL on domestic violence: 6 games for 1st offense; lifetime ban afterward

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Aug 28, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

In a letter to NFL owners Thursday, the league announced that it will levy stiffer sanctions for domestic violence offenses: Six games for a first offense and a lifetime ban for a second offense, reports CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora.

According to ESPN.com's Jane McManus, players facing a lifetime ban would be able to apply for reinstatement under the new policy.

Whether players like Greg Hardy and Daryl Washington would be grandfathered in, or Ray Rice would now have one strike against him regarding future transgressions remains unknown, according to La Canfora. The league also hasn't offered up specifics on when sanctions would come, whether after the legal process plays out or if allegations would be enough to trigger a response.

"Each case will be ‎addressed individually based on its own merits," an NFL spokesman told La Canfora.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-for-1st-offense-lifetime-ban-for-2nd-offense

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

What happens if a wife or girl friend lie about it?

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

"Each case will be ‎addressed individually based on its own merits," an NFL spokesman told La Canfora.

Women never lie.

86WARD likes this.
  4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Unfortunately, it took some heat from the federal government for Goodell to depussify.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

This is long overdue. Granted it took getting some backlash, this is one of few things I can actually applaud Goodell for.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

At least he owned up to it and the punishment is better than what they had which was nothing.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Kudos to Roger for this one.

8. ragman

Wonder what Goodell will do about Carolina's Greg Hardy?

9. markaz

He better get 6 months if the verdict isn't overturned. Hardy will have played the 2014 season and collected his $13,000,000 before his case his settled. What a joke.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder if they will "grandfather" him in.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

But what if the b*tch deserved it?

12. markaz

Just because she was jacked up on cocaine and booze on the night of the incident?

13. Tarkus

Just being sarcastic, markaz. Somewhere out there that phrase will be uttered in earnest...

Sh*t goes down for any reason at all with a woman, the only safe move is to run away as far & as fast as you can, dragging witnesses along with you...

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Third offense: Reinstated, must play for Raiders or Browns :D

Buck Fenson and DawkinsINT like this.
  15. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

then you would know if they really wanted to play. But don't the Constitution make cruel punishment illegal?

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hello, Ray McDonald! You're the first contestant on Rogers new game show "Did You Beat That Dog?"

Buck Fenson likes this.
  17. markaz

Hell, Tark, I know it. And I was being cryptic cuz I don't know how he could have be charged and convicted when the victim was doing blow and Jim Beam. I guess it must have pissed the female judge off when he testified that he was the victim. As Dawk said, women never lie.....I guess.

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

my take on it is that women have been on the losing end for so long that now the courts are making up for it. Do women get beaten? Yep. Do the guys need to be arrested? Yep but not all are unjustified. That is a fine line to walk and there really is not real cut and dried answer.

Tarkus likes this.
  19. Tarkus

How true, Buck

The concept of violence never needed a gender put to it to point out innocence or guilt but past ignored circumstance has allowed the type of knee jerk we see in society nowadays on so many different issues. It's how the 'elected' officials deal with it for nothing more than votes & from splinter groups looking for a quick balancer to past transgressions/lost opportunities.

The good old PC crowd....

Buck Fenson likes this.
  20. ragman

For the Niners fans in here, you may want to read what Ian Rappaport says on www.rotoworld.com about the Niners and Harbaugh. Apparently, according to him, all is not well in Niner land.