#2 Waiver Spot

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by hb7, Sep 16, 2014.

1. hb7

hb7 Feb 28th, 2016 Premium Member

I have the #2 waiver spot, gonna try to pick up Davis but if that doesn't work, who is my next best option?

Current team:
    QB: Tony Romo & Ben Roethlis (current flex)
    RB: Shane Vereen, Montee Ball, McCluster, T Rich, & Dunbar
    WR: Larry Fitz, Colston, Justin Hunter, Marqis Lee, Jarrett Boykin, James Jones
    TE: Jimmy G
    D: Steelers
    K: Dan Bailey

Waiver players; Davis, Brown, Cousins (we can flex a QB in this league), Niles Paul, K Robinson, Hoyer, EJ Manuel, Miles Austin, Davonte Adams (better than Boyles?).....

I want to make a few moves this week if I get Davis to make the most out of abandoning my spot. If I don't get Kniles Davis should I hold my #2 spot?

What other players should I be targeting and who should I be dropping?

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Big Ben is still worth holding onto. Playing on a short week last week on the road, that's rough. McCluster isn't worth your time. I would drop him for Brown. I highly doubt you get Davis. He's this week's pickup across the board.

Is K. Robinson available? I would even dump Dunbar and pick him up. If you can't, then the McCluster move is the only one I would make.

3. hb7

K. Robinson is available, would you rather have him or Brown?

And do you think I should drop McCluster over Dunbar? I thought McCluster would finally live up to his hype in this offense (hasn't looked good so far).

Also, thoughts on picking up Cousins? Stacking 3 QBs might be worthwhile considering my QBs are pretty weak. I could play the matchups and flex one of them.

4. Greg Brosh

It's Greene for now, then Sankey once he gets in his groove. McCluster isn't anything special.

Definitely make Robinson a priority and drop McCluster

If you want to go 3 quarterbacks with Cousins, who I doubt you will get since you need a running back first, drop Dunbar. He's doing nothing but wasting away on your roster since you're not a murray owner.

5. hb7

Thanks will do. Do you think it is definitely worth giving up my waiver spot for Robinson?

6. Greg Brosh

I'll be honest, I don't know much about keeping the No. 1 priority. I only play in worst to first and then first come first served leagues.

I do think getting Robinson will help a lot, but what happens when you give up the spot? You can't pick anyone up anymore?

7. hb7

You move to the end of the waivers so you get last priority next week

8. Greg Brosh

It's worth giving up then. He's going to be the main ball carrier. I don't like that way of waivers though. Kind of screws the last place guy if he needs even more help than just one player.

McCluster would be the guy to drop. At least with Dunbar, Murray could wind up injured with all this work they're giving him. Although chances are, he'll just sit there.