Saints DT John Jenkins Did Not Travel To Dallas

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Sep 28, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

New Orleans Saints DT John Jenkins did not travel to Texas with his teammates yesterday, ahead of tonight’s prime time matchup with the Dallas Cowboys. The Saints did not elaborate on a reason why Jenkins did not make the trip, only clarifying that his absence was not injury-related. Jenkins, a 2013 third-round draft choice of the Saints, showed promise a season ago as a rookie when he played over 480 snaps on defense, sharing time at the nose in Rob Ryan’s 3-4 base scheme with veteran Brodrick Bunkley. The Saints were expecting big things from Jenkins in year 2, but the Georgia alum, who had […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

This could really hurt Nola. Dallas really likes to pound the ball and eat clock to keep there underwhelming defense off the field. Bunkley can do a few things but he is blockable 1 on 1 for Frederick where as Jenkins would have drawn Leary or Martin on a double and pulled attention away from Jordan

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Man him being out really made a difference... That and Peyton waiting till the forth to go five wide. Fuxk1ng Saints are looking done. Those two first round picks Roger Rabbit took from us anit helping either.

4. spstromain

spstromain Starter

That fake punt though...

5. Kurt

Forth and nine and you run a fake... Wow ya no shirt man what a joke.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Don't understand that fake punt call by Payton.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Fourth down, game on the line, and you call a pass for the freakin' punter. Sean Payton had a serious brain fart there...

(of course, if it had worked, everybody would be calling him a genius, so...who knows)

8. spstromain

spstromain Starter

cant decide if it was as bad, worse, better than, etc than that double reverse on 4th and inches against tampa in 2007

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ever since the surprise onside in the Super Bowl against the Colts (gutsiest call in a SB I've seen since Cowher doing the exact same thing but without success), Payton seems make at least one gamble like that every year. I don't think it has worked since...

Kurt likes this.
  10. spstromain

spstromain Starter

when dallas came out in that goofy alignment on 3rd down they should have checked into some type of draw or run play and said "fk it...4 down territory" team has all kinds of issues, but we've seen them bounce back from these slow starts before (2007, 2012) given the way the rest of the division is playing, there's still hope but they need a win in the worst way next week and that BYE can't get here soon enough.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think everyone in the stadium knew they were going to do it, too. Even sitting at home I was like "okay here comes the fake".

12. Kurt

Agreed Walnuts.. Horrible call.

The other thing is the massive amount of drops by Colston and Jimmy. They don't seems hungry or focused. Just look at hill and cadet and cooks.. They are playing great .. To bad the vets have lost their edge.

@spstromain I've never seen a loss of focus under Peyton, Not four game in a row.. Yes the Vikings game was not focused. I anit no fair weather Saint. Just bitxhing about the lack of hunger on offense. Defense is playing hungry, they just anit got the pedigree (overall) to excel against half the league. We cant block three man rushes and we cant penetrate with our 4 man. We will need a bye week miracle to fix this pile of crap

13. Jihad Joe

Rob Ryan can't coach a game from behind. He needs a lead and a preferably a comfortable one where he has alot of obvious passing situations where his smoke and mirrors work. You guys dont have the horses on offense to blow defenses away anymore

14. Kurt

Are you referring to Ingram out injured? Or the release of Sproles? Other than that who else is missing that could be considered that big of a loss. I don't think it's an issue with "horses"... we got horses.. they just anit doing work! boys looked to be collecting a check week 4 and I anit putting another dime on them until they turn it around.

Rob Ryan's defense looked great last year, against subpar teams.

15. Jihad Joe

They have Graham, but Colstons lost a step, Cooks hasnt proven anything, Stills hasnt become a starting caliber WR yet and Brees looks like he is starting to decline

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

17. Jihad Joe

Oh yes I did

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Saints DT John Jenkins Did Not Travel To Dallas

neither did any other Saint player.

Kurt likes this.
  19. Kurt

Bree's over the shoulder pass, past 25 yards, has looked like garbage this year... yes even more than previous year. We could have hung 50 points on Tampa if he wasn't consistently behind his WR on deep balls

20. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Don't know what is wrong with him. Either his oblique muscle is still affecting him or he is just starting his decline. He was never a strong arm qb but his decision making is getting worse. Take a damn sack once in a while.