Twitter has field day with Charlie Weis firing

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by SportsChump, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Football lifer Charlie Weis was fired by the University of Kansas this weekend after starting off his career in Lawrence with six wins and twenty-two losses. Not that Kansas is an easy place to win football games but that’s clearly not the record they were hoping for when they hired the man.

Weis is an easy target (insert weight reference here) which is probably what prompted his name to appear on Twitter’s trending list shortly after his dismissal. Here were some of the best Tweets from a Sunday afternoon that found Weis unemployed but certainly not wondering where he was going to find his next paycheck.

http://sportschump.net/2014/10/01/twitter-field-day-charlie-weis-firing/14477/

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he'll come back to the pats and work with brady i bet.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

If the Pats don't improve there could be an opening for Weis.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  6. DaBears22

he'll come back to the brady and work with pats i bet.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Is there an echo in here?

9. DaBears22

Yeah I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread. The Pats great run back in the day did have Weis as OC so if McDaniels isn't working out and obviously Weis is available, it could happen. But could Weis be viewed as damaged goods now though? He has been a total failure as a head coach. Also the personnel is obviously different from back in the day so who's to say that Weis coming to the Pats again would make any difference.