Running backs

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Slater99, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Slater99

Slater99 2nd String Premium Member

12 team ppr league

Please rank the following four RB for rest of season value: Reggie Bush, Matt Asiata, Shane Vereen and Chris Ivory. I currently have Reggie Bush, Matt Asiata, Shane Vereen, but someone dropped Chris Ivory. He's not a stud RB by any measure, but I'm always looking to improve.

If he's ranked 3rd or better among those four, i'd consider grabbing him. Just wondering if he's ahead of any of them and if so, who I should drop to get him.

If that's the case, then my dilemma would be whether to wait until he clears waivers to grab him, or use my waiver wire priority. I'm currently 5th out of 12 on the priority list and I'm not sure if I want to burn that so early in the season. Is he worth grabbing? And if so, is he good enough to burn that priority and possibly go to the end of the line, or should I wait to see if he clears and grab him? Or should I just avoid him altogether?

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Vereen, Asiati, Ivory, Bush. Ivory is the best runner on the Jets offense since he's a pound and ground guy who will get work at the goal line. I'd grab him. He won't be there much longer. Surprised he is still on the wire.

3. Slater99

Slater99 2nd String Premium Member

Drop Bush to get Ivory then?

4. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I think that is what @Greg Brosh meant. wait for confirmation.

That is what I would do

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Yep that's what I meant. I have Bush ranked one spot higher with your PPR, but he'll be an afterthought once Bell comes back. Even if/when Bell misses this week, he's not going to be benched for Bush full time.