Week Ei8ht

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SportsChump, Oct 23, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I received a very cordial letter from the President and CEO of Caesar’s Palace this week. It went a little something like this.

Dear Mr. Humpherys

Please accept this letter as a formal invitation to visit our famous and elegant Las Vegas facilities. We feature only the finest amenities for you to enjoy: spa, poolside, local golf course, sports book, gambling, shopping and the finest restaurants Las Vegas has to offer.

We would like to put you up for a weekend on us, all expenses paid.

All we ask is that you bring money and bet on every NFL game over the weekend.

You see, we’ve become aware of your betting prowess this season and thought you might be able to help us. We here at Caesar’s Palace need some remodeling to what we like to call the Futility Wing. All funds used to construct this wing come from the misguided wagers of those who profess to know the game of football but who in reality do not. You, sir, clearly fit that profile.

So please accept this cordial invitation to join us for what promises to be a fun week as long as you choose not to remember it. We look forward to hearing from you.

So I got that going for me… which is nice.

Our guest this week is the former queen of Foxbloggery, Lisa Horne. In fact, KP and I actually shoplifted this entire pick ‘em idea from her. Back in the day, she’d invite Fox bloggers to pick games against her week by week. Needless to say, she’d win every time. Here’s hoping she doesn’t this week. I don’t know how much more embarrassment I can take.

So, without further ado…

The picks are in: http://sportschump.net/2014/10/23/n...ick-em-sportschump-vs-kp-vs-lisa-horne/14635/