2014 World Series: Giants And Royals

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by markaz, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i have been saying that since 1969. i would hope once in my lifetime of devoted love to the cubs,i could be right!

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

great bounce back by the royals last night. was clicking between this game and the flyers/penguins.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Now if only Madison Bumgarner would get the flu or something I'd feel pretty good about this thing. Not sure if any of you remember Paul Blair when he was with the Yankees, but that's who Pablo Sandoval on the Giants reminds me of. Whenever a hit needed, that's the guy. Thank God Sandoval was somewhat silenced last night.
    :royals ticker:

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Even though the Royals won last night, the Giants got this series. I'm not that interested in watching it compared to past seasons but I think the Giants will work their magic, even though KC bullpen is shutdown personified but should be a good series. Will try to watch more of it.

5. markaz

Your post got me to thinking about an article I read last week that in a majority of ways really pissed me off. Sure, I'm no Giants lover because of this year's series, but also a follower of the Diamondbacks, it seems like the Giants have become a lightning rod for fans to not want to watch the World Series. The article is entitled "Boring San Francisco Giants Threaten World Series Ratings - Again" and can be read hear: http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanr...o-giants-threaten-world-series-ratings-again/.
    Stick the Giants in L.A., N.Y. or Chicago and they'd have boastful ratings and be the toast of the town. Calling a team boring because how they beat their competition and they don't generate the ideal monetary model for a fvcking sports outlet is really kind of sad.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear what you're markaz but they are boring. much different from when they had lincecum, pat burrell, cody ross & that dipshirt wilson.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Ratings wise, I heard it was the lowest rated WS Game 1 in history.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

what this series needs is some good ole california fan violence that we've come to know all too well.

ratings will go through the roof.

9. markaz

Just import some 49ers fan, they seems to have that market cornered.
    I'll admit I'm a baseball purist and far more enjoy well-pitched 2-1 game with outstanding defense vs. a slugfest. Maybe the broadcasting companies will lobby for legalization of anabolics.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow what a damn game.

@Walnuts how the hell did that many kc fans get in your stadium ?

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Statement game by the Royals. Their inexperience means nothing. Home field back in their favor.

12. markaz

Damn good game. Had the Giants won it would still have been a well played game.

:royals ticker::go royals::royals ticker:

13. DaBears22

Spoke too soon about the Giants winning the series. People love to trash Yost for his moves but so far they have worked. Tried to watch some of the game last night but couldn't stay awake lol. Will try to watch some of the game tonight.

14. ragman

Hope SF doesn't win again.

15. markaz

Just a side note, if you're a Cubbies fan @DaBears22 looks like you'll be having a new skipper. As soon as I heard that Joe Maddon dumped the Rays I thought the team of choice for his services most definitely would be the Cubs. Would be a shirtty deal for Renteria, but Maddon would be a huge upgrade.

Derailing complete.

:go royals:

16. DaBears22

Hey if that meant the Cubs would be relevant again then by all means hire Maddon. Honestly I have loosely followed the Cubs the past couple of years, losing will do that to fans lol. If the Cubs ever get back to the playoffs DO NOT let Alou, Gonzalez, or Bartman in the stadium, for reals.

17. markaz

[​IMG]
    :royals ticker:

DaBears22 likes this.
  18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Damn good game, by the 4th I thought it was over, Royals outplaying them in every respect...props to Petit and the offense for sticking with it. Gonna be tough to go back to KC and win at least one. Kinda hoping for two, seven games would be way more fun regardless of the final outcome, but if we "gotta" take it in six I wont complain. :)

19. markaz

That was a Shuh-Lack-Ing. Starting in the Giants' half of the fourth you could just feel momentum building and it turned into the Giants going to the batting cages. Bumgarner vs. Shields in Game 5? :tsk: May have to hope for a Game 7, unless Bumgarner decides to quit baseball tomorrow morning.
    :go royals:

20. ragman

I think this WS goes to 7 games.