QB Michael Vick: Jets Would Have Won More If I Started Sooner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ICECOLD, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Michael Vick knows the Jets
    should have gone to him sooner.

Rex Ryan dug himself a pretty deep hole while trying to bring along Geno Smith at the quarterback position, something that doesn't appear to be going well. And after Sunday's shocking win over the Steelers, the offense showed more competencewith Vick than it has all season.

When asked if he believed the Jets would be in a better place if he'd started sooner, the veteran did not hide behind his obligation to be politically correct.

"In my heart, yes," Vick said, via The Star-Ledger. "Yeah, I mean, to sit here and say no would show a lack of confidence in myself and my teammates. But absolutely, I think if I was starting from Day 1, then maybe it would've been an opportunity. But that wasn't the case. I wasn't put in that situation. The team wasn't put in that situation."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-jets-would-have-won-more-if-i-started-sooner

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The thread title sounded more controversial than his actual words. He said the right things.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's right too. They probably would've won more with him starting.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Maybe Geno could have success somewhere else. Case in point....Sanchez. Using the NYJ as a barometer of whether a QB is at fault is a joke. Vick only put up 20 points and the Steelers simply shirt the bed. Vick did say the right things, but whether they'd be any better is a leap of faith.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Well, I'm not ready to say Sanchez is a success in Philly. He still made the wrong reads and forced throws quite a bit last night.

4 of their next 5 games are against the Packers, cowboys, and Seahawks, teams that are playing well this season. I will probably wait to judge Sanchez after a few more games.

86WARD likes this.
  7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Only because I think Foles is ripe to be replaced by someone and that someone has had 1 1/2 good showings (probably better than anything he did in NY) I'll give it up to Sanchez.

8. DawkinsINT

Sanchez has played fairly well, but I'm not sure that Foles wouldn't have ripped those defenses a new asshole as well.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm starting to lean towards the Chip Kelly is good for QBs moreso than Vick, Foles or Sanchez are "that" talented. I'm wouldn't be the least surprised if the Eagles were to eventually package Foles and some draft picks to move up to get in position to draft Marriota.

10. DawkinsINT

Sounds like you've been listening to a lot of Philly sports talk recently....haha.

I wouldn't be completely shocked by a trade like that, but I honestly don't know Chip's thinking. I personally would prefer high picks on defense. A true test for his system being good is if something happens to Sanchez and Barkley has to step in. :shudders:

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Never thought much of sanchez,at usc or in new york.i think foles is a smarter better qb than sanchez will ever be.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

The funny thing is that I haven't. I hate 610 or whatever they are now. I haven't listened to the real radio for probably 10 years? Satellite radio for me...or CD/iPod. You're right...Barkley would be the true test of Chips system...lol.

13. DawkinsINT

Some of the shows on 94 WIP are really good now. Ray Didinger w/Glen Macnow on Saturday afternoons is fantastic. The callers....that's another story...

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Am I mirroring the callers or the hosts?