Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DontKnowMe, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I watched the first 2 episodes last night. So far so good.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm loving it. Clear BB DNA and style without trying to just straight up remake/play off of BB. Good times. Really giving Odenkirk the opportunity to stretch out as an actor (and he's shining so far IMO), McKean's a great fit, I'm digging the easing in of Mike...I see this potentially really going places. I'm biased but this is easily already my favorite thing currently on TV.

Steve12 likes this.
  3. smeags

smeags militant geek

BCS & gotham are my fav new shows. arrow is a pretty good too but it's not on the same level as the other two.

the talk between mike and saul about the bookie in philly was classic.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Also my two favorite drama shows. Still like the Wednesday ABC lineup as well...The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family.

@smeags do you watch The Goldbergs?

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

caught a few minutes of the goldbergs here and there ... kinda cool knowing the area being shown plus it is pretty funny. def future binge.

considering how bad the phillies are gonna be i see plenty of free tv time in my future to catch up on some shows out there i havent followed yet.

86WARD likes this.
  6. 86WARD

86WARD -

"Give it to me Chandler!"

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm a fan of Jeff Garlin, and the clips I've seen of The Goldbergs are pretty funny. The same as Smeags....I'll eventually binge watch the show.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's one of my favorite shows between the 80s references and the "local references", it's very easy to relate to.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

Holy shirt what a great episode. Loved Mike's story.

markaz likes this.
  10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Episode starts out and I found myself pissed off at Mike's character because he wouldn't really say anything that made any sense. Then the last 10 minutes happened. Great episode.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

sad situation that led him down the wrong path. what father couldnt indentify, at least to some point, with what he did though ?

kill my son ? oh no, you better turn yourself in if you want to keep breathing.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Was a really good episode. I kinda found myself missing Saul though...lol.

13. markaz

I'd agree with that. They're apparently setting the stage for something down the road giving one full episode to Mike's character.

14. DawkinsINT

I loved the way Saul/Mike got the Kettlemans' dough. Not gonna lie though...I gotta thing for Betsy Kettleman.

markaz likes this.
  15. 86WARD

86WARD -

She's a firecracker. I am finding that lawyer chick hotter every week...

Omen likes this.
  16. markaz

Saul to Betsy Kettleman at the coffee shop: "...Could we just parachute you down from cloud Cuckooland...?"

LebaneseFF, DawkinsINT and 86WARD like this.
  17. smeags

smeags militant geek

I think Betsy was planning on the hubby losing at trial and takimg off with the dough after he went to jail.

18. markaz

I wonder why. If you watched "Fargo" the series, then you saw Betsy Kettleman (Julie Ann Emery) and didn't realize she was going to turn into a cunning airhead.
    [​IMG]

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

So hot.

The series Fargo was so god**mn good and hardly anyone watched it. When people talked about True Detective, I was totally touting Fargo as being much better. Nobody I knew watched it.

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm gonna have to check it out now.