AAA wrestler Perro Aguayo Jr. dies following injuries suffered in a match

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Credit goes to ProWrestling.net

AAA wrestler Perro Aguayo Jr. died Saturday morning at age 35 after suffering injuries during a match on Friday. Aguayo was working a tag match in Tijuana, Baja California with partner Manik against Rey Mysterio Jr. and Xtreme Tiger. He was treated in the ring and died later at a hospital.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Rey Mysterio Jr just announced his retirement from wrestling, citing that he's "devastaded" by Perro Aguayo Jr's death.

This has been kind of a huge deal down here. I don't care much for wrestling, but it's all over the news. I've even heard calls to ban wrestling altogether (it usually happens with any activity or sport in which someone dies).

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

What "move" did him in?
    FYI: Don't know if you remember Owen Hart, but my younger brother was at the WWF event in Kansas City when Hart was thrown to his death from an overhead scafold. To this day my brother is haunted by that horrific event. (I think there's a video on YouTube that shows it.....not sure).

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

No idea. I haven't watched the video, because I don't like watching such things. I'm pretty sure you can find it in youtube.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the video I saw didn't show what happened but supposedly Rey tried to do his move the 619 and it hit his throat. But the thing is the match continued for a good 2 minutes or so with him just laying there on the ring. no one came to his aid until after the match was over.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Appeared that Aguayo Jr. had his armpits and neck laying across the middle rope when another wrestler came flying from behind and hit Aguayo forcing his head forward with the rope on his neck. What's really strange is that another wrestler appears to check on him about 30 seconds after laying there and then went back to the match. Just wonder if Aguayo was responsive at the time. From a coroner report death was pretty much instantaneous from a cervical fracture. Don't want to post the video itself, but the match showing this can be found at /watch?v=AmieRklWdaE&feature=youtu.be on YouTube.