Randy Gregory Tested Positive For Marijuana At NFL Combine

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by markaz, Mar 26, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Randy Gregory is easily one of the top defensive prospects in this year’s draft class. Gregory, a standout defensive end from Nebraska, views himself so highly as a prospect thathe believes he’s worthyof the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

However, failing a drug test at the NFL Combine won’t help his status.

In an interview with Kim Jones of the NFL Network, Gregory admittedthat he tested positivefor marijuana at the event in late February in Indianapolis.

“I blame myself,” Gregory said. “And I know it sounds cliché, but there’s really no one else I can blame.” [More]

Profootballtalk

2. markaz

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

What NFL player doesn't smoke weed? Seems like anymore, if they don't, they are the weird ones...lol.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

stupid law but even more stupid to do what this kid did.

5. markaz

I get it and agree that weed is probably more harmless than booze and if he'd been tested for booze and they found some in his system, no big deal. But weed being on the NFL's no-no list, this guy's got to have rocks in his head for pretty much telling his future employer "I'm stupid". Probably a Top 5 pick and he needs a buzz just before or during his "interview" with all 32 teams. What a f--king moron.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Definitely rocks and I think a lot of these guys take a "test" before the test...but who knows...maybe Warren Sapp talent? Honey badger style career? He's hurt his draft position but maybe not by that much?

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

if he is somehow sitting at 20, kelly better take him.

8. markaz

GM's well ahead of Kelly will undoubtedly look at this as a BFD. Just guessin' he'll be gone by No. 5.

9. markaz

Heard an ex-NFL head scout on local talk radio yesterday and said this recent incident with Gregory will "definitely" make his draft stock drop. Said the NFL has had their eye on him since January '14 when he got busted the first time. Got busted again in April '14. So as far as NFL teams are concerned this dudes is a three-time offender and really skeptical about taking the risk on him in the top 10-15 especially when Gregory candidly admits to heavy use. You may get your wish @smeags according to this guy.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah maybe chip and his smoothietopia can sway this kid to lay off the tree.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think he'll end up in carolina.the local channel out of that area says the panthers think he can replace greg hardy.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

with so many states beginning to sell it,all sports are gonna soon have a huge dilema and may have to change the rules regarding it's use.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he won't make it that far. I question his decision making skills. Is he worth a first round pick if he will be suspended and perhaps kicked out of the league? Maybe some team can absorb that kind of hit but not many. If our team wasn't so much in transition I would love to draft him.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

just legalize weed and soooo many issues are gone. this would be one of them.

maybe if rice was toking on a blunt of og sour instead of downing shots of hennessey ....

Buck Fenson likes this.
  15. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

hey, at least the powers that be are at least thinking about it. it would be great to not have to worry about getting jammed up over a joint.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I've thought about this and I really don't think sports leagues can allow it until the law changes at the federal level. They have to keep a single rule for all players regardless of the state they live in.