Steelers Safety Troy Polamalu Announces Retirement

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Apr 9, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Troy Polamalu, whose iconic long hair roamed the Pittsburgh Steelers' defensive backfield for 12 seasons, is retiring, according to a report on Scout.com.

The report says Polamalu has informed the Steelers of his decision. He was an eight-time Pro-Bowler and four-time first-team All-Pro. He announced his decision in a phone interview with Scout.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...12-seasons-040915?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:foxsports

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sorry to see him go. One of my All-Time favorite players, but it was time. Glad to see him retire rather than go out with another team.

DaBears22 and ICECOLD like this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He'll never have to pay for a beer in any town he visits.

DaBears22, ICECOLD and 86WARD like this.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD -

LOL...love that.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Retiring with definite HOF numbers, but could have been a much heavier resume had it not been for the knee problems. One helluva player.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

The way he played though was balls out. Truly sacrificed his body to make a play. My only criticism of him ever was that he didn't wrap his arms enough when he tried tomato a dicing tackle. But obviously, I'd give that up,every day to have a player like that on my team. It's going to be weird not seeing him out there...

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

glad he retired as a steeler.would have hated to see him go elsewhere and played just for money.should be a hofer in 5 years.

86WARD likes this.
  8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Him Dawkins and Reed wont be denied the HOF. They may even be able to open the door for some of the unheralded Safeties of the 90's that havent gotten in like Steve Atwater

86WARD likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Unfortunately they have the "5-Year Rule" but I would love to see those three get in all at the same time.

10. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

HOF for sure. I still remember that flying tackle he did against the Titans a few years back.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Tomato a dicing tackle?

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

troy, ed reed and dawkins will usher in a new view on safties in general for their contributions.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ronnie Lott flips a shortened bird in your general direction.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a "career safety."

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i love ronnie lott but a big chunk of his stats came while playing LCB. (23ints and all but one of his 5tds to name a couple) ask most fans and unless they followed the niners closley back then they have no clue he didnt play safety his whole career.

he certainly belongs in the HOF though, because the CB skills he took to the safety position no doubt, influenced dawk, reed and troy.