Aaron Hernandez Sentenced To Life Without Parole

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DaBears22, Apr 8, 2015.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The murder trial of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez will head to the jury after the prosecution and defense presented closing arguments on Tuesday.

Defense attorney James Sultan told the jury Hernandez didn't commit the June 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player from the Boston area who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee.

Prosecutors say Hernandez and two other men, Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, drove with Lloyd to a North Attleboro, Massachusetts industrial park, where Lloyd was shot multiple times and left for dead. A jogger found Lloyd's body on June 17, 2013, less than a mile from Hernandez's home.

However, the weapon was never found and prosecutors called more than 130 witnesses in an effort to prove Hernandez pulled the trigger on the handgun that killed Lloyd.

Sultan, during his closing statement, acknowledged for the first time since the start of the trial in late January that Hernandez witnessed the killing. The attorney said the actual crime must have been committed by either Wallace or Ortiz, who will have separate trials on the murder charges.

The Sports Network

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Does he still get a Super Bowl ring? :D

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Place your bets!

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thinking Goodell is probably going to suspend him 2 games and a game check...

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damn it!! Beat me to it...

86WARD likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

did he smile after the verdict was read?

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he is gonna be tried again for two more murders according to cnn. let's see he is going in as a TE but will be going out as a wide reciever if he ever gets parole!

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's got to throw an appeal attempt out there right? Lol...

10. markaz

"They got it wrong," Hernandez said as he was being transported from the courthouse to a state prison, according to a law enforcement source close to the case. "I didn't do it."

Well...if the jury got it wrong and he didn't do it then yeah...he'll appeal it for the next 17 years. Those selfies he took should really help his appeal.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

im hoping he becomes a real life ortiz(SOA) in prision.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I thought I heard somewhere that there's an automatic appeal process.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

here in Louisiana, there is no automatic appeal but everyone appeals regardless. yes, it can help some people but it also ties up the courts with meaningless cases. even the DA appeals on the rare case that they lose. when I was found guilty I served my time and got the phuck out of there.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

lol he's up shirt creek if they send marilyn manson to the same jail! " just let me finish my pie" could be his last words!:thumbsup:

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you get appeals here in the commonwealth,but when they all run out they sit your ass down in ole sparky or give you the juice cocktail here eventually! when it comes to the death penalty,va,texas and florida do not f--k around!!!

Buck Fenson likes this.
  16. markaz

Here in AZ they're very proactive with the death penalty for murderers. The green needle.Wussup with Illinois, @Steve12 ? You guys got rid of the death penalty a few years ago, didn't you?

17. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Honestly I have no clue without googling it. I suppose I could Google it first then reply and pretend like I knew, but that ain't my game.

markaz and 86WARD like this.
  18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol...