Jay Feely: Tim Tebow 'single-worst QB I ever saw,' couldn't beat air

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Apr 22, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jay Feely: Tim Tebow 'single-worst QB I ever saw,' couldn't beat air

With Tim Tebow now at least temporarily ensconced in Philadelphia, everyone's kind of settling in to see how Chip Kelly and the Eagles handle this and how Tebow deals with playing for a new team.

If he wants to make the team succeed, he better have become a better practice quarterback than he was with the Broncos or Jets. To wit: former Cardinals kicker Jay Feely told Jim Rome on Showtime during this Wednesday's episode (airs at 9 p.m. ET) Tebow is the "single-worst quarterback I ever saw."

"He's such a dichotomy for me. Because I really respect the person, the man, the things that he believes in and the things he does off the field," Feely said. "He was the single-worst quarterback I ever saw in my career in the NFL."

Feely then proceeds to tell a story about Tebow warming up and losing ... to air.

"I watched him one day ... I sat and watched him do routes on air with Ken Whisenhunt as we were playing the Broncos," Feely said. "And routes on air, there's no [defensive backs], you know exactly what he's going to run, there's no pass rush. He had like 13 incompletions on routes on air. Jim, you and I could go out and do routes on air and we would complete most of our passes."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...as-the-single-worst-qb-i-ever-saw-lost-to-air

markaz and TJ like this.
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

amazing how much attention a 3rd string qb can get

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

3rd string is being generous according to the rest of the league.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

the only reason this guy gets the attention he does is because he is a white christian who speaks of his devotion to christ.

name me one talentless monority player who gets this kind of press coverage.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Johnny Manziel?

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i was gong to add, one that isnt in trouble and just sucks, but techincally i can give you that.

besides, braford hasnt taken his job yet.

86WARD likes this.
  7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

who says he is even gonna play as a quarterback in philly? people can talk shirt about tebow not being this or not being that,but he won at florida and got a really,shirtty denver team to the playoffs in his last pro season.
    I Would not want him to be my starting qb,but as a slash type player,tebow will do really good.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

In the past, Tebow has said over and over again that he will only play QB.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Michael Sam

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Good call. Any NFL team would play him if he had the talent, but he can't even keep a job on a practice squad. However, I think it's his preference for tube steak he got the press coverage vs. him being in a minority.

Diesel44 likes this.
  11. smeags

smeags militant geek

sam didn't get the coverage tebow did and still does. after the draft he was pretty much an after thought until he went to broke back mountainville for a drink of coffee.

point being tebow, if he makes the final roster, will be an emergency qb. yet anytime he blinks or scratches his ass, it's pandemonium with the press.

86WARD likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If he really wants to be a pro,he should go to canada and play a few years and learn how to play at the pro level. in my view,the most mediocore player is is better than sam is!

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he is not good enough to play for the Canadians either. the quote about losing to air just kills me.

let's do some make believe. if Tebowdown had the 90's Dallas offensive line, Jerry Rice( no stickum) and Randy Moss as his receivers and Tony Gonzales(in his prime) as his tight end, would his game improve to 50% completion rate?

TJ likes this.
  14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bradford isnt running any kind of option offense. The thought of him doing that is silliness on so many levels.

Even with his accuracy issues you throw Tebow into the mix in subpackages, Kelly can effectively run his whole playbook

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

you cant just throw tebow in if he's listed as the 3rd qb. nobody has a clue on how he will be used. zero clue.

that said, why is jay feely even still breathing ? i thought kickers were put down after their careers ended.

ICECOLD likes this.
  16. markaz

In other words, any story beginning with "Jay Feely says....." should end with that statement. Agreed.

ICECOLD and 86WARD like this.
  17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

kickers have the best view of practice. after they kick a ball a few times their day is over. then they get to sit back, sip a beverage and watch actual football players practice. If he said it I believe it. besides, it just validates what my eyes tell me.

ICECOLD likes this.
  18. markaz

Please be kind in your attacks of me, but until such time that Tebow shirts the bed and Kelly cuts him, I'm gonna give Tebow the benefit of the doubt. He's a smart guy and has to know why teams cut him or wouldn't consider taking him and has worked during his hiatus from the NFL to correct the flaws. His passion for the game is enormous and I would hope that it's greater than stubborness to change. If it turns out to be Same-o Same-o Tebow, then maybe he's not as smart as I think.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Eagles say he has improved since the last time they've seen him...?

On a side note, in the Eagles locker room, Tebow has all his equipment and #11 jersey hanging up...as does all the other players. Except for one...Sam Bradford. His bags are still packed in front of his locker and there is no jersey hanging in his locker...lol.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

There are quite a few people who believe that the Eagles interest in Tebow has a lot to do with the proposed rule change to make the 2 point conversion go from the 2 yard line to the 1. If it passes, he could be valuable in that role.