Draft Is Next Week: Whats The Buzz On Your Team?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With the draft approaching, Im interested in hearing what some of the rumors are surrounding the different teams.

Whats the buzz on your team

2. Jihad Joe

Some Cowboys notes :

-Reportedly very high on Ajayi. This is a couple weeks old, dont know of that changed due to his knee issues

-Also pretty high on Gordon.

- I expect a QB in the first 3 rounds. Brought in all the Day 2 prospects for a visit or private work out ( Hundley, Petty, Grayson)

- Its been a long standing rumor that they have been very high on Hundley. Sent scouts to see him during the season and had a private work out with him. If I was told I had to bet money on Dallas's first round pick, I would bet on Hundley.

- I dont know exactly how interested they are, but DGB is on there radar as he was brough in this week for an official visit. Relevent IMO because of the high probability he is the top player on the board when they pick if he doesnt go earlier. They fact he will likely go earlier is why I would put my money on Hundley

-Brought in most of the HBs expected to go rounds 1-3 fir a visit or workout ( Gurley, Gordon, Ajayi, Coleman, Yeldon, Allen, Davis) No Abdullah, Cobb or Duke Johnson

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I really don't know with the Steelers this year. There are so many holes on the team starting and depth wise that I don't have a great pulse on the direction they'll actually go. If they go offense with the first pick, I'll be disappointed unless it's a top-2 receiver. CB is where I want them to go. If it were up to me and in a somewhat perfect world, this is what my draft would look like:

Round 1 = Kevin Johnson - CB - Wake Forest
    Round 2 = Alex Carter - CB - Stanford
    Round 3 = Hau'Oli Kikaha - OLB - Washington
    Round 4 = Kurtis Drummond - S - Michigan State
    Round 5 = Wes Saxton - TE - South Alabama
    Round 6 = Tayo Fabuluje - OT - TCU
    Round 7 = Terrence McGee - RB - LSU

UDFA's = Tyler Moore - OT/OG - Florida; Frank Clark - DE - Michigan; Josh Shirley - OLB - UNLV; Deterrian "DT" Shackelford - ILB - Ole Miss

4. Jihad Joe

Im a huge Kevin Johnson fan. How do you feel about Byron Jones?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I haven't seen a lot of Jones but from what I've seen and read, he's pretty decent with the "measureables." He was hurt at the end of the season though...right?

I'd probably put these guys ahead of him...
    Marcus Peters, Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Jalen Collins and maybe PJ Williams?

If Marcus Peters is there when the Steelers pick, I'll be somewhat pissed if they pass on him. He's a little risk, but to me, that story about him not getting along with the coaching staff is first of all probably blown up to be bigger than it was, secondly, he just didn't get along with the coaching staff...it happens. It's not like the guy has the off field issues. Little risk, super, super high reward...IMO. I would hate to see him drop all the way to New England.

6. Jihad Joe

Not a huge fan of Jalen Collins, but I do really like the FSU guys Williams in particular. He seems to be dropping alot and could be great value

7. Jihad Joe

Carter Im also a big fan of, but I do think he is a Cover 2 guy in the NFL. A very good one, but I don't know how he would project in a Man to Man scheme

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think ultimately, the Steelers go CB or OLB. I'm leaning more towards OLB at the moment because they value the rushers so much in their scheme...but that would be so frustrating to me, if they passed on Peters to take an OLB. Could be draft rage...

9. Jihad Joe

At 22 you are in a bad spot for OLB's but a good spot for CBs. I think Dupree and Ray will be gone, and after Dupree I think the next OLB is a round 2 talent. Gregory is a wildcard but I think at that point the talent will still be good enough at prime positions to pass. There are rumors Ray is dropping, but I think could be telling of his bust potential.

At 22, you guys should have at least 2 of Peters, Johnson and Jones all 3 being legit #1 CB prospects. Peters IMO is better then Johnson ( and Waynes for that matter) but Johnson could leap frog him due to Peters issues at Washington

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think maybe Trent Baalke got a new haircut.

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

If Niners go WR, in 1st round I'd really like Cooper, but they'd have to trade a lot to go up to get him. And screw it... DGB is a redzone nightmare at 15 if we stay there. In the 2nd round really like, Stefon Diggs, Nelson Agholor or Tyler Lockett. If they go CB, I liked Collins until I read about all the failed drug tests

12. Jihad Joe

My guess at the likleyhood of who the Cowboys take at 27.

1) Brett Hundley. Far from a slam dunk, but with the seemingly long term interest in him and that fact that they are looking at all the Day 1/2 QBs they have a shot at draft makes him the leading contender in my eyes

2) DGB. Very good chance of falling to 27. If he does he will almost undoubtedly be the highest player on the board. With no Dez extention yet they may pull the trigger on this to hedge there bets. DGB play style is a good compliment to Bryant.

3) Melvin Gordon. Most likey Gurley doesn't fall to them and Gordon will be the highest rated HB available. However if there isnt any fire to the smoke about Ajayi's knee, I can actually see them taking Ajayi over Gordon as Ajayi is a 3 down back, and Gordon is not

4) Byron Jones. They would take Peters and Johnson higher, but I think run on CBs will take them off the board

5) Randy Gregory. Havent shown interest, but like DGB, this level talent is rarely there at 27

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm very happy with Peters or Johnson.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

haven't heard a peep out of the Saints the entire off season. no trades or nothing. LOL Article just coming out said that Jalen Collins failed several drug tests at LSU. That is what was keeping him off the field I bet. Also, it is hard to crack the Tiger's secondary group. I would pick him in the second to match up with the other second round pick last year and have both of them collect paychecks without playing. There is no telling who the Saints will pick. Some say they will package picks to move up but I hope not. The mocks are all over the place concerning the 13th pick. I hope Dupree is there.

15. Jihad Joe

Dupree to me is the perfect Ryan Olb/De. He can stand up or put his hand in the dirt on either side of the line, and he can probably even stand up in a 4 man front on the strong side

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

i totally agree. if he fell that far I would be jumping for joy.

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

unless they trade down,i am hoping like a lot of redskins fans that williams from usc drops down to us with the 5th pick.if he does'nt,dante fowler is the one we should take.after that,skins should focus on the oline.

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

One of the underlying tones for the Cards is that the window of opportunity is closing and that they probably only have 2, maybe three, years left before the age virus affects the current roster. With that in mind the mentality is WIN NOW and do whatever it takes to attain that goal near-term. Long term there is still a definite need for an OG/OC as the run game is still one of the worst in the NFL. The homers are saying "We just got done signing former 49ers OG Mike Iupati". While that may be true he'll line up next to LT Jared Veldheer. That will make an excellent left side, but starting at OC, the right side is still a joke. 2013 1st round pick OG Jonathan Cooper has been labeled a bust but hasn't played a lick since returning from a broken leg in his rookie season. Unless he gets out of Arians' doghouse and plays to his pre-draft potential, the right side is clearly the weak link in any running game. IMO, in order for the Cards to win now, they've just got to shore up the right side.

- Rumor….The Cards are still focused on Adrian Peterson. Vikes rumored to want a No.1 draft pick and CB to deal him. With the win now attitude most are guessing the Cards will pull the trigger if the Vikes are willing. Andre Ellington will return from injury, but his size doesn't allow him to be an every-down RB and cannot carry the load as he has the past 2 seasons. Bringing in Peterson would ease that burden immediately.

- Rumor....Should the Cards not get Peterson whatever top-tier RB is on the board is speculated to be their first pick with Melvin Gordon as their target. If Gordon is gone, I don’t see that as happening with Gurley and Gordon being the Winston and Mariotta of the QB world. The next best just isn’t worth a 1st round pick. The Cards have either worked out or had meetings with only three RB's (Gordon, Coleman (Indiana) and McKinnon (So. Georgia). Rumor has it RB coach Stump Mitchell went to Townson and conducted a private workout with junior RB Terrence West.

- Rumor….The Cards want Randy Gregory to fall to the No. 24 position and snag him. The so called theory is the Cards have proven that defense can win games and Gregory would give them the edge pass-rusher they haven't had in years. And whatever offensive output the Cards can't achieve will be made up with a more stout defense. Is this possible with the known issues? Absolutely. GM Steve Keim has been catching a lot of heat for making the tongue-in-cheek remark: "If Hannibal Lector ran a 4.30 40, we would probably diagnose him as having an eating disorder". Lighten up. people.

- Rumor….Cards are expecting ILB Daryl Washington to get 8-10 games (keeping in tune with the Hardy decision) and will select Benardrick McKinney if still on the board. So they are saying. ILB being a mess isn't rumor.

- Fact: Cards haven't exercised the fifth-year option on WR Michael Floyd and have until May 3 to do so.. He'll be due $7.6 million 'in '16 and along with Fitz's $11 million hit in '16 that's a lot of coin. Floyd could be an unrestricted FA at the end of the season. Rumor: If they draft a WR (in any round), Floyd could be traded before the beginning of this season and get a quality LB or RB in return. Floyd (Fitz too for that matter) is a victim of bad QB play as a result of Palmer's injury, but the production of 6th rounder from '14 John Brown has the Cards rethinking spending ginormous sums of money on a WR. They've worked out Sacramento State WR DeAndre Carter and have met with Periman (CF), Boldeijn (Boise St.) and Ellington (S. Carolina). Sidenote……Kudos to the team that takes WR Jaelen Strong from Arizona State.

- Rumor....The Cards are happy with the current QB situation. Carson Palmer will return and have 2 years left. Then he’ll be 37 years old. If the Cards have any interest in a QB they are doing a good job in not advertising it. Only QB they had in for a workout was Brent Hundley. (Personally, I’m a big Bryce Petty fan and the Cards need to snag him. Let him watch Palmer a couple of years and then reassess Palmer. While I appreciate the win now attitude, it seems like just yesterday the Cards were in the SuperBowl and that was seven years ago. Palmer will be gone and right now they have absolutely nothing in the tank should he go down again or when his skills decline. If Petty is around in the 3rd Round he’s my target because I don’t think he’ll slip past the 3rd or 4th rounds).

Not a ton or rumors flying around the Cards’ this year with the FO being very close-lipped.

What do I think the Cards will do at No. 24?
    1) Cards - RB Melvin Gordon
    2) Cards - OLB/DE Shane Ray
    3) Cards - OLB Alvin Dupree
    4) Cards - DB Kevin Johnson
    5) Cards - DE Randy Gregory

My hope is they take OC Cameron Erving or ILB Eric Kendricks.

86WARD and Jihad Joe like this.
  19. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

You were the kid who did all the extra credit in school weren't you?

Buck Fenson, markaz and 86WARD like this.
  20. DariusAli

DariusAli Rookie

Want leanard Williams more then anything but if he's gone I deffinetely will be happy with Amari cooper. Lots of trade rumors surrounding the 4th pick but I don't really want to move down.... We NEED high end talent.