Draft Is Next Week: Whats The Buzz On Your Team?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Apr 25, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

God knows the Raiders have been a punch line for too many seasons.

Welcome to the forums!!:jumping:

2. markaz

Yes...thanks for asking.

ICECOLD likes this.
  3. DariusAli

DariusAli Rookie

Thanks. Yes we've been a joke since Tampa demolished us in the Super Bowl. But I like what Mackenzie's doing and I'm high on Derek Carr.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Personally I think Cooper should be the pick. I love Williams but they have added some nice peices on the defense.

Cooper to me is a guy that can catch 80 passes out of the gate and is very Dez Bryant like to me. I really like Carr, but he needs better WR's to further develop. They have some decent targets, but they are all secondary options.

Ive been saying if Carr takes step and they land a #1 type the Raiders will surprise alot of people. They have had a few very good drafts in a row and that division is very winable

5. DariusAli

DariusAli Rookie

I see cooper as more of a low key guy. Worst case-Greg Jennings- best case- Reggie Wayne. Very good addition regardless obviously... But I just don't know if you pass on Williams. I feel like he's the consensus best player in the draft and a player like him doesn't come along often. I think we can get an amari cooper in just about any draft. Either way... I'll be happy with both of them.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Williams won't make it past Jacksonville. Cooper should be the pick for the Raiders. But there is that possibility of a trade. Depends on what the Titans do at 2.

7. Jihad Joe

I don't see the Raiders going with White. Hes been there in alot of mocks since his sub 4.3 combine. Thats the old Raiders and very lazy analysis IMO. Cooper is supirior and even plays faster then White

8. Jihad Joe

Fishers saying Dallas is "pinpointing" Gregory in the first

9. Jihad Joe

Would be so psyched to get Gregory at 27

10. Buck Fenson

Coach Payton had a private workout with Garrett Grayson.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could be more difficult now that Ray is in hot water...may have helped Gregory a little bit...

12. Buck Fenson

It is like a contest with these players on who can drop the furthest. guess they figured everyone tries to improve their stock and they want to buck the system. Or maybe, it is a wise move. They can drop and maybe a good team will pick them up and not have to play for a crappy team if they would have been clean and been drafted at their original slot.

13. Jihad Joe

Ive heard they are both looking at the 2nd round.

I think it would be a huge mistake for teams. IMO once you get past pick 20 or so and Johnson and Gordon are gone, you are looking at a large group of mid to late second rounders

14. Jihad Joe

I like Grayson alot

15. Jihad Joe

IMO this whole "Weak QB draft" thing ks false. To me it is as average as they come.

Two top 5 picks. 3 possible first rounders and 6 in the first two days seems like a normal QB draft. 2013 was a weak QB draft.

And at the top, outside his maturity, Jamis is as sound a prospect as anyone not named Andrew Luck in the past 10 years

16. markaz

If he's on the board at #24 and Gordon is gone, Gregory should be wearing a red uniform next year.

It's the day of the draft and the rumors are flying that the Cards are leaning toward CB/DB, especially if Kevin Johnson is available. Still think they take Gregory though.

17. Jihad Joe

They may. Or they may take an OL. OL is one of the real strengths of this draft

18. Buck Fenson

at first I wasn't liking the idea but after reading up on him he has the intangibles. but his throwing motion kinda reminds me of Tebow. Some likened it to Dan Fouts. I know we need to find a sacrificial lamb to take over when Brees leaves.

19. markaz

I hope you're right and that's what I'm praying for....starting with OC Erving as No.1 on my wish list.

20. Jihad Joe

Big fan of Erving