Redskins To Exercise Option On RGIII

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by DaBears22, Apr 27, 2015.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Redskins will exercise their fifth-year option on Robert Griffin III's contract, a move that will keep the star quarterback under Washington's contractual control through the 2016 season.

Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan announced the team's decision Monday, saying there is a "very positive feeling in the building right now."

The Redskins had until May 3 to pick up the option, but McCloughan said that the team had made its decision on Griffin "a while back."

ESPN

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

damn. sorry that happened @Diesel44 thought maybe the Natives was going on the uptick. but alas it was not meant to be, it is the curse of the raping yall did to us on the Ricky Williams trade.

Diesel44 likes this.
  3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they can still cut him before the 2016 season starts and not owe him a dime. that trade with willams screwed the saints,but it also screwed the skins cause they did not get but one decent player with them 8 draft picks.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I saw that after I posted. That is not too bad then. I don't think Trey is a good qb. His speed was his gift and that is now gone with his injury. but who do you replace him with?

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I really thought Snyder would flex his weenie and do whatever it takes to move into the #2 draft slot. This pretty much takes that out of play and tells me the Titans won't trade out. But then again, Chip is still in play.