White Sox-O's postponed; tomorrow closed to fans

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Mike S., Apr 28, 2015.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Credit goes to Orioles.com

BALTIMORE -- Due to the ongoing riots and protests in the city of Baltimore, the Orioles-White Sox game on Wednesday has been rescheduled for 2:05 p.m. ET and will be closed to the public. In addition, this weekend's games against the Rays, originally scheduled to be played at Camden Yards, have been moved to Tampa Bay.

Both Monday's and Tuesday's games against Chicago were postponed due to safety concerns in the downtown Baltimore area, as the city is currently in a state of emergency and is receiving assistance from the National Guard in an attempt to restore order.

The two games will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader at Oriole Park on Thursday, May 28, starting at 4:05 p.m.

The Orioles will be the home team in the games played on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Closed to the fans that already had tickets for the game? That sucks.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd actually like to see that televised...

4. Mike S.

Ward, Wednesday's game will be available on MLB.TV and will be televised locally by the teams' respective regional sports networks.

86WARD likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

I wish I wasn't working tomorrow so I could watch it. How awkward. Who is going to grab all the balls that go into the stands? What players are gonna step up for Kiss Cam?

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

My first thought.

7. Mike S.

I got home in time to see the 9th inning and the orioles won 8-2

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Must have been strange for the teams and umps today for the game. I saw on another site pictures and gifs of the game. The O's had someone go around the stands to collect the foul balls, they had ball girls for the game, and one gif showed Chris Davis throwing balls into the stands after an inning lol.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

@Mike S. - I didn't see the game...did they play the entrance music for the players when they came to bat?

10. DawkinsINT

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Is,it,really necessary for the PA announcer to announce the players? Lol...