Bears Entertaining Offers For TE Martellus Bennett

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by DaBears22, Apr 29, 2015.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Chicago Bears are entertaining trade offers for Pro Bowl tight end Martellus Bennett, league sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Sources said the Bears have included Bennett in trade talks since discussing a potential deal with the Seattle Seahawks, who ultimately acquired tight end Jimmy Graham in a trade with the New Orleans Saints.

The Bears, who declined comment, are open to trading the 28-year-old Bennett because he's seeking a new contract and does not plan to show up in camp with Chicago, or anywhere else, without a new one, the sources said.

ESPN

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm so glad we got rid of that guy. He's good, not great, just good...only he thinks he's the best TE in the universe.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Kind of hard to justify this when Bennett is only half way through his contract. The funny thing is, if Phil Emery was still the GM, he probably would have given into Bennett and given a brand new contract.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Dallas, NYG and then the Bears in the span of 3 years and now he wants megadinero? For what?

TJ likes this.
  5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Bennett is making what, $5 million a year with the Bears? I don't think that's anything to sneeze on.

6. groenator

groenator Rookie

I wonder how much does he want on his new contract?