The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

taking my son to his 1st ever concert in greensboro,nc to see Rush. i saw them in december of 1981.he is leaving for the usaf sometime this summer and getting married june 13th.
    [​IMG]

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Holy shirt, how has he never been to a concert before???

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Sweet!

Diesel44 likes this.
  4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they are so expensive now it is hard to go for the next generation. when i started going in the 1970s,tickets were 10 to 15 bucks at the most. today's ticket prices are nuts. i paid 68 bucks a piece for my rush tickets,and they are one of the cheaper ones.
    i went every week when i was 16 to see somebody.that is how i have been able to go to so many.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  5. markaz

Ain't that the truth. Spent $6 a ticket in '69 to see Jefferson Airplane. Best show ever and the most I've ever gotten after a couple of bowls of hash before the concert. Ahhhh...the good ole days.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You god **mn dirty hippie.

Omen likes this.
  7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Tickets aren't expensive for certain bands. It's the older bands that charge an arm and leg.

I go to many concerts and shows. And don't break the bank. But occasionly one must splurge.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Rush is worth splurging for. I Saw a lot of the bands in the 1970s and 1980s with tickets i probably paid less than 15 bucks for.that included both versions of ac/dc,both versions of aerosmith,styx,foreigner,the stones,willie nelson,hank williams jr ,robert plant,and the who among others.used to go see a show one night in roanoke and one in greensboro the next night.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

tix were so much less expensive back then without all of the promoter and other bullshirt fees they added. plus artist actually made money from selling albums so they didnt need to try and get the majority of their coin from the shows.

probably been to around 100 concerts in my time. there was always a show at the spectrum.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i probably saw around 100 as well.last one i went to was the rolling stones in charlotte in 1999.my back started messing up in 2001,so this upcoming show will be my first in many years.RUSH is worth every dime.been a fan forever,saw them in 1981,and in my view,they always put on great shows.check out the live dvds.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

because the new bands suck major testes.

Diesel44 likes this.
  12. Buck Fenson

finally got paid today. the f--kers at corporate have a cruise they go on every year. they paid us early last time and we didn't get the full check. now three weeks later they paid us and didn't give us the overtime. also put us in a higher tax bracket( didn't think that was possible with minimum wage) and taxed the shirt out of us. I lost a hundred bucks on that. then went to get my motorcycle tire fixed, had a nail in it. Brand new tire and I was pissed. Bought a tube and it cost 85 dollars to buy it and have it installed. since I was down for a week and it was a nice sunny day I decided to go ride. I was cruising around 70 mph and it felt weird. when I could safely pull over my tire was about flat. I was 30 miles from anywhere. made it back to the motorcycle shop and when they took the tire off the f--king idiot didn't take the f--king nail out of the tire. I could have f--king died if the tire would have blown out. and my day went downhill after that. and to top it off I CAN'T FIND ANY f**k**ING WEED.

13. markaz

Like...duuuude. What's with the negative vibe?

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Disclaimer: I love the Grateful Dead

Diesel44 likes this.
  15. markaz

Hippie.

16. markaz

I just love credit card company's sending mail and it reads "You're Pre-Approved" on the envelope. Then in smaller print it says "to apply". I'm pre-approved to apply?

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I used to get 10 of those a week. I would open them, write no thank you across the application with a Sharpie and then put everything including the envelope it was originally mailed and into the return envelope and mail it back to them. They must of gotten the hint, because I don't get many of them anymore.

18. markaz

Maybe I'll call the company's Customer Service and tell them that I don't appreciate someone in their sales dept calling me and telling me I'm a loser for not having their card and I'm sending a tape of to a local news station....even though they didn't call me. 10:1 I get a call from a manager.

19. markaz

Geddy Lee is thought to be one of the greatest bassist to ever walk the planet regardless of music genre (and I agree).

Diesel44 likes this.
  20. Buck Fenson

he isn't bad for a Canadian with a goatee.

Diesel44 likes this.