The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

that is some serious cheddar.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

When you consider Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2 was the all-time No. 1 worldwide for its first weekend at $483 million, Ultron just blew its doors off by about 25%. I'd say Marvel has the right formula.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

But it was a disappointment because it came in #2 in the U.S.

I can't wait to see what Star Wars ep. 7 does...

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Watched A2 and throughly enjoyed it. Seriesly can't wait wait for captain America civil war. That's gonna be ffreaking awesome.

And yes episode 7 will smash all sorts of records.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Just watched Kurt Cobain: Montage Of Heck. Great documentary. So much of the personal side of him that has never been shown. It makes me miss him even more. You don't have to be a Nirvana fan to enjoy the documentary. Highly recommended.

Omen likes this.
  7. smeags

smeags militant geek

saw age of ultron friday - loved it. once again whedon found a way to mix action and good humor with a great storyline. some comic purist will surely whine about the changes made to some character origins but whatever. great movie.

Omen and Steve12 like this.
  8. smeags

smeags militant geek

not a big nirvana fan but def going to watch it.

one question - i have an unhealthy hate for courtney love - how will this affect my opinion ?

9. DawkinsINT

Your hate will lessen most likely. Mine did by a lot. They definitely loved each other.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm a reformed Nirvana fan. Loved Bleach when it came out but when Nevermind blew up I dismissed it and everything after out of hand as sellout bullshirt thanks to being (in hindsight) embarrasingly narrowminded about music that I didn't see as being counterculture/underground or punk enough. Thank god I got over that. Looking forward to checking out that doc.

Watching Jimi whateveritscalled, the Jimi flick with Andre 3000. Its not terribly compelling, but damn be does a good job as Jimi.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

But good god the script and dialogue are just sewer water.

12. markaz

Thanks. I'm a documentary junkie. Don't see it on Netflix. Where were you able to get it?

Insomnia struck and just polished off Jeepers Creepers I & II. Love 'em.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

its an HBO documentry.

14. Omen

I'm a comic fan but u understand they have to make changes.

15. DawkinsINT

I could see why you thought that at the time. I honestly didn't know much of Nirvana until Nevermind first hit. I loved it so much when it broke that I immediately drove a county over to a place that had Bleach because I couldn't find it locally. So I kinda listened non-stop to both albums in their entirety at the same time.

While I thought both albums were great, Bleach was so much more raw and emotional. Nevermind was much more polished and for lack of a better word, "poppy", compared to Bleach. I kept playing songs from Bleach to friends who only cared about Nevermind. I remember going to a party where they were playing Nevermind and I was like "Listen to this song called Negative Creep!". Not all were that receptive to it.

When In Utero came out I dug it a lot. I remember the "chicks" who liked them for Nevermind not getting it. To me, I thought it was a natural progression. There certainly was no sellout in my view. I thought it was so ballsy of them to open the album with Serve The Servants into Scentless Apprentice. To me that back-to-back combo of songs was like an inside joke and an F-You to those expecting another Nevermind.

Perhaps Kurt's music would have gotten shirttier as he got older, but god**mn I know he would have still put out some great tunes.

Omen likes this.
  16. markaz

thanks

First thing that enters my mind when the discusion is about Cobain is Courtney Love. A part of me wants to blame her for his death just because she defines being a wastoid.

17. Omen

I enjoyed nirvana just about as much as any one else in our age range. But I remember back then while Kurt was still alive argueing with people and girlfriend(ms O) about how they were good great even buy I never put nirvana a on pedalstoll. I actually liked pearl jam more. Then he offed himself and his legend got even bigger. Made me sick at times but I have since calmed and enjoy nirvana once again.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Like Nirvana a lot. I'm going to have to watch this.

19. DawkinsINT

I loved Pearl Jam, but for whatever reason I was much more drawn into Nirvana. I was super huge into Dinasuar Jr. If J Mascis had a better voice they could have been so much bigger.

Omen likes this.
  20. Omen

Love me some Dinosuar JR and J Macias

86WARD and DawkinsINT like this.