Rule change for 2015: PATs moved to 15-yard line

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, May 19, 2015.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

PAT attempts (kicks) in 2015 and beyond will be snapped from the 15-yard line, while two-point conversion tries will still be snapped from the 2-yard line. Further, defenses can now score on returns of any kind. The rule change, submitted by the the league's competition committee, was approved at the NFL owners meetings in San Francisco on Tuesday.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...w-owners-meetings-kickers-field-goals-2-point

Thoughts?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't mind it. I like that the defense can score 2 off a blocked kick...this may make it interesting if a team is up by 1 with little time left...they may choose to just down the ball and not go for an extra point in fear of it getting blocked?

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

should have done this a long time ago.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Time to cut Tebow.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Glad to see it. Anything other than that waste of time chip shot. Here's a good one from ex-Cards (current Bear) Jay Feely: "Don't like it. Sixty or so more plays that offensive linemen can be injured because they are in a precarious position and defenses will undoubtedly rush harder from the 15 with the ability to score. I thought the NFL was concerned about player safety." Doesn't like it out of concern for offensive linemen?:ROTFLMAO:

6. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Not a problem for justin tucker :D

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he makes sense though.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i bet he'll make the regular season roster just for two point tries.Kelly will use this rule as an advantage just like he does the constant no huddle.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Eagles will become the first team in NFL History to not carry a kicker in the active roster.