ESPN Fires Colin Cowherd

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by markaz, Jul 25, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Some of these guys who get paid to have microphone stuck in their grill just never learn. I heard him say it on the air a couple of days ago and have to admit that even though I kinda like his opinions, these comments almost made me run a red light. I just wonder if some dip like Charles Barkley were to say these things if it would have been dismissed as "Charles just being Charles".

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...ublic-stereotypes-pedro-martinez-hall-of-fame

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Dumb thing to say but I don't think he should have been fired. Not every opinion is going to be liked.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

What he said was completely unnecessary given how the talk show was going, but to get canned over the comment? I don't think so either. But it does amaze me how these guys, especially someone like Cowherd, know how social media and an ever growing sensitivity to certain issues has made companies like ESPN take the zero-tolerance stance to things. Had this been Chuck, you think he'd have been fired? I think not.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

his delivery absolutely sucked but he's right about the lack of education for many on that island. it's really no different than jamaica where you have to be rich to go to school period. that's the reality for dominicans as well. still this want the time to bring it up and that wasnt what he was really driving at.

the writer's response to him citing how many non domincan players dont have college degrees is flawed as cowherd wasn't talking about higher education, he was talking elementry and high school. basic education.

that all said he's windbag who i cant say im upset to see go.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

As a person, I despise him. I even sent him an email showing him how he f--ked up. Not claiming I solely changed his mind but a few months he came around to our view. We are getting too far off the common sense trail. Maybe I am f--ked in the head but I found nothing wrong with what he said.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think a 10 years ago, maybe 5, this wouldn't have been an issue. Again, not comments he should've said, but...

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

buck - i think the fact that dominicans can learn a complex game - yes colin, it is a complex game to learn- when tought proves they arent stupid which is exactly what he was saying.

8. Buck Fenson

Didn't mean they were stupid. Humans are smart regardless of their color. You have intelligent people and you have complete morons in all races and nationality. But third worlders don't have the access to even basic education like other nation. And baseball is not that complex

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Having complex advance education doesnt make you smart or intelligent. I've met some very smart people( on paper) who are dumb as a rock. And I've met some third world peeps that can build the complex system of building the USA has.

10. Buck Fenson

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

i get that part but that wasnt what cowherd was going at. he tried to backtrack but it was too late.

and baseball is very complex. for a sport anyway. so is football at this point.

12. Buck Fenson

Can't be too complex if dem girls play. Whatever he meant is nothing to be fired about even though I don't like him.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

you can be fired for being late .. why is this any worse ?

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He looks like a f--king human rat with them big nostrils and sharp teeth.