FKH/GIF Dynasty League Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Kurt, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I'm going through a horrible time with my soon-to-be ex-wife. I don't need something that is supposed to be a fun outlet to also be filled with drama. At this point, unless they can both kiss and make up and stay in the league, I'm going to leave the league as well because I don't think it's fair for either of them to "have" to leave. We have Kurt's buddy on one side, so that has an air of preference which is messed up in it's own right. And Ward who did say some messed up stuff, but I'm sure felt cornered coming into a crap-storm of comments just because he was taking care of his life. That being said it's supposed to be a game and many people got so bent out of shape because he couldn't be available to draft for half a day. Kurt said repeatedly that the draft was moving faster than he expected, so I don't understand why everyone got so stupid about it. Hell, I couldn't draft for most of the first day and Kurt called me out too, so even that is ridiculous in hindsight.

86WARD likes this.
  2. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

I thought that this was going to be a league of grown-up men watching football. It seems like there should be some leeway to joke around, even if things get a bit inappropriate now and then. I get that things may have gone a bit off the rails, but why the hell did this turn into Grandma's bingo night instead of a fantasy football draft? Let's all just get back to business and have a good time.

86WARD likes this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lol....yeah...sounds good...

I sent the guy a PM, the "apology" he gets in the thread is pretty much all he's gonna get. He's trying to make it personal...it's not it is what it is. If he's gonna quit, you might as well get rid of both of us and then your league is back to even teams...lol.

Let me know and I'll stop drafting,

4. bcole

I guess I don't get why anyone has to leave. We don't all meet up in person and don't have to like each other. On some level, maybe some animosity is a good thing as it will build rivalries. Let's just all stay put and draft our teams, if you need to despise your opponent then go for it.

Omen and SNPokc like this.
  5. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Dez Nuts 2016

86WARD likes this.
  6. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I agree with bcole. Grown up men watching football.

Also why I agree with Kurts decision to remove ward- he has some growing up to do.

And now, gentlemen, back to football!

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yet I'm not the one who wants to take my Ballz and run home...lol. Says something about the actual commitment of some people to the league itself if they are up and willing to quit over some "harsh", "childish" words...

8. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I would have preferred to keep Ward and Tab - the only way this ends in a positive manner is if Tab forgives him (not happening) - or if Ward walks away like a man. It's a bad situation all the way around and it's time we all just move past it.

I've emailed fleaflicker to remove Ward and slot in someone else - I may have to stop and restart the draft but no worries I'll immediate re-import all of your picks. What a waste of time bullshirt.

9. bcole

True story

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

For $10.00. Lol.

11. McKay

McKay Rookie Fantasy Guru

I better be able to draft on my phone or I'm out for about 5 hours... I think I can though.

12. bcole

It works on my phone so you should be cool. A little clunky but usable.

13. SNPokc

I did my two picks on my phone at the bar. The website works fine in a mobile browser.

14. SNPokc

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hey my last pick just got suspended! Good stuff!

16. bcole

Man, the Steelers LOVE drugs.

17. bcole

thCACIICFF.jpg

Leveon Bell and Martavis Bryant in the offseason.

Kurt and Walnuts like this.
  18. SNPokc

We still got 6

19. bcole

Got me there. They didn't even have to cheat for their titles like some other teams...

SNPokc likes this.
  20. SNPokc

Me trying to hold out and get my picks in tonight.

[​IMG]

bcole likes this.