I drafted Jordy Nelson...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by SNPokc, Aug 30, 2015.

1. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

...in the 14th round in a keeper league in which you give up that pick for. Think that will be a good pick in the next 3 years? I'll likely drop him until around week 9-10 and pick him back up after all the bye weeks.

Note: I didn't draft a kicker, because Yahoo is cool like that.

2. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

It's worth a shot next year at that late of a draft postion. Can you only keep people you draft?

I was planning on picking him up late in the year because he will be a FA which is a second to last pick by the keeper rules in my league. Even if I don't end up keeping him I don't want anyone else to have that option.

3. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

in my league if you drop him and pick him up again you lose his rights.

4. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Have to have drafted them. Doesn't matter if you drop them. If my team is a bust and misses playoffs i grab every potential waiver drop that would be a good keeper so people can't pick up their players.

5. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

It is all based on draft position last year in my league. If you drafted him 3rd and someone picks what you give up is still based on him as a 3rd round guy. Only people that are free agents are undrafted. It keeps people around working the wire and setting line ups even if their team bombs.