16 Team Draft Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by mcrobertsjmac32, Sep 3, 2015.

1. mcrobertsjmac32

mcrobertsjmac32 Sep-1-16 Premium Member

Hey guys Monday I have my 1st 16 team draft and I'm pick 16. I really need some guidance here. Its a 1QB 2RB 2WR 1Flex 1TE 1D 1K 7Bench, Standard scoring except a .05 PPR. I've never done PPR or 16 team be4 and im really confused.

I usually take 2 or 3 rbs in the first 3 Rd's, but what do I do. My first 4 rounds are picks 16, 17, 48, 49. My thoughts are go RB, WR, RB, WR. Get Lamar Miller, and Hopefully TJ Yeldon at 48. Thoughts? Anyone do a 16 team league be4?

2. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

You have to reach deeper in later rounds for functional player cause you will have to start so players that no one else will even talk about. You need to know sleepers more and make calculated bets in later round picks.

PPR just makes high volume pass catchers and pass catching RB more valuable. Matt Forte for example would get a bump in a PPR over just pound the rock RB.

The draft isn't any different with 16 locking yourself into ANY postion is not a good move. I agree WR and RB will be the likely best options at the end of the snake because Gronk is the only 1st round TE and I personally don't do QB first rounds. Just go by the best available player.

If you have watched the shift in NFL offense the RB strategy in fantasy football is going the way of the dinosaur adapt or die.

3. mcrobertsjmac32

Thanks for the advice man. Still need those rbs tho cause they're so rare now

4. Samson

I get that about RB because you have too start two, but if the best players are 2 WR at 16 and 17 don't reach for a RB just to fill out a starting line up.

If you don't end up with the best RB take flyers on a guy like Gray and see what happens. Get guys like Foster a few weeks before he comes back. Every year there are some guys that break out at RB and injury will make someone a star. In a PPR you can get a pass catching RB later that will be effective in you line up.

5. mcrobertsjmac32

This is true. If Julio Jones and Alshon Jeffery are there at 16 and 17 I'd have to take em

6. mcrobertsjmac32

After sleeping on this last night, my thoughts are if I don't take an RB at 16 or 17 im kinda screwed. By the time I get to my 48 and 49 pick there may only be 1 or 2 actual starting rb's. Ill have to hope Forte drops to me. If not Ill have to reach for Lamar Miller, and hope to got a nice WR like Julio, Alshon, or AJ Green

7. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Is it 6 pts per Passing TD? or 4?

If it is 6 my advise is to grab a QB EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in several 16 team leagues, There tends to be nothing left after round 10. So grab your KEY POSITIONS EARLY. and GO for upside in later rounds

8. Samson

I didn't see it was 6 pt QB TD I just standard with a PPR.

9. mcrobertsjmac32

It's 4pts per QB TD. I'm comfortable with a lot of QBS this year so I'm going to wait.

10. mcrobertsjmac32

Any additional advice anyone has be4 I embark on my 1st 16 team league tonight and my 1st PPR league tonight @7 EST???????

11. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Just look for the best value with every pick. And when it starts looking bleak and you feel desperate, remember everyone's team will be thin and equally as shitty. Don't panic and make a desparation pick.

mcrobertsjmac32 likes this.
  12. SNPokc

Also know that, you and two other people will be the only ones with 2 top 20 players. No one else gets that option. You will also be one of two guaranteed to have two top 50. You'll be able to build a solid core.

mcrobertsjmac32 likes this.
  13. mcrobertsjmac32

Thanks man. Didn't think of that. So far I have Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, TJ Yeldon, Chris Ivory, Shane Vereen, John Brown, Danny Woodhead, and Darren McFadden

14. SNPokc

Solid. That's a lot better than I would have hoped for.

Dez and Julio that late leads me to believe Rodgers Luck Manning and Brees were taken in the first.

15. mcrobertsjmac32

Actually not. All after my picks.

16. SNPokc

Guess no one else is big on them. Their loss

17. Samson

I assume they were all scared of not having RB. Which is crazy because it is 0.5 PPR you can get pass catches like Woodhead and Vereen that will make up for not having the bell cow.Glad you went WR WR and did not give into the fear.

SNPokc likes this.
  18. mcrobertsjmac32

Thanks man. I really really wanted to get an ) in the 1st 2 because I was scared of not having any. But I can't Pass up Dez (who was 3rd on my generated Knucklehead Sheet) and Julio. Very pleased that at 48 and 49 I got Yeldon and Ivory, two bellcows. And then obvi followed with Woodhead, Vereen, and even pulled off McFadden later which was low risk HIGH reward