Phillip Dorsett

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by hb7, Sep 8, 2015.

1. hb7

hb7 Feb 28th, 2016 Premium Member

General thoughts on Phillip Dorsett being fantasy-relevant this year? I am thinking of dropping Hartline (who is predicted to lead the Browns in receiving this year) to take an upside flier on Dorsett. I know the concerns with Moncrief being there and too many mouths to feed but from what I have read, Dorsett will win the #3 WR spot. I consider TY & Andre injury-prone so I like the upside on Dorsett. Is it worth the waiver move?

2. hb7

Also, I should add...I would consider dropping Brian Hartline or Cecil Shorts for Dorsett. I know people have the WRs ranked very low but Hartline could be a serviceable WR3/flex as the #1 receiver in an offense that will have to throw a lot from behind and Cecil Shorts is in a very similar role but is the #2 receiver. Both are possession receivers that won't get a lot of TDs but can have a handful of catches per game. Should I drop one for Dorsett?

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

PD will be a highly inconsistent week-to-week performer can has no value in re-draft leagues.

I like how you view those "scrubs" - go with your gut!

4. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Personally I LOVE DORSETT. I am not a huge fan of him in redraft leagues under 12 teams and with a limited bench. But those who have an extra spot to spear PLEASE PICK HIM UP. How many bench spots do you have?

5. hb7

I have Le'Veon Bell, Reggie Bush, Tevin Coleman, Brian Hartline, Cecil Shorts, & DaVonte Parker on my bench. Should I drop one for Dorsett. I was also thinking of picking up Tyler Lockett, should I get him instead or get both?

6. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

we really won't know for surer until after week 1 or 2 - Id stand pat.

LebaneseFF likes this.