911: where were you?

Discussion in 'Crossfire Discussion' started by Diesel44, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Was running a banding machine at stanley furniture and one of my co-workers told me.Did not get to see any tv coverage until i got home that night.Took my kids outside and told them that they would not be seeing any planes other than military flights for awhile. where were you?
    [​IMG]

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

at work. i was a on the official giants MB at the time. I was a reg there back then. it was insane. posters there were losing it.

all I felt was rage. I wanted the middle east to be turned into a piece of glass.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I had moved home for a while to be around/help out while my mom was dealing with breast cancer, I had the day off work and slept in late. When I got up everyone was gone but they had left the TV on, which was unusual, and on CNN, even more unusual...I went to turn it off and realized why it was on and what was happening...then the second plane hit and I don't think I moved from the TV for the rest of the day. The people jumping, the towers actually coming down...that will be etched deep in my mind forever.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

5th grade social studies class. Principal knocked on the door and told the teacher, whose name I still remember was Mrs. Pentel. I remember exactly what she said to us. "History has been made today, and it's not the kind of history to be proud of." The rest of the day basically consisted of all the teachers huddled around a radio listening to coverage of it.

5. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

Walking in the hallway at school and one of my teachers was running around panicking and someone told me we got to go home early. I didn't know why until I got home. 30 minute school day.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was at work. One of my co-workers was listening to news on her radio when the first plane hit. She turned the volume up so we all could listen to the details. When we heard the reporter freak out because the second plane hit, we all stayed silent for a moment not knowing what to say. It was disbelief and and trying to process what the hell was happening. It took a while to realize our lives in this country would never be the same.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

there are no skyscrapers where i live,but i figure some of you guys here live or work near some in some big cities. i bet when you heard what was happening you had to keep an eye on the windows all day,did'nt you? the part of it all i will never forget is seeing those poor people leaping from the windows to escape the raging fires.we should have caught bin laden and set his ass on fire and thrown him off of a skyscraper.