The Good, the Bad and the Ugly; Week 4

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by steeljake75, Oct 4, 2015.

1. steeljake75

steeljake75 Rookie

Week 4 is just about in the books and we are starting to see what teams really are... maybe. We have bad teams playing good against even worse teams, which only fools us into thinking they themselves might be good ( I am looking at you Indy... ). Great qb's playing mediocre and still winning, but not due to the head coach. The Pats are on the bye and still won by the biggest margin anyways. I think heard Belicheat chuckle at the Bills losing to the Giants though...

The race to see who will fire their coach first, Miami or Philly, is on. Next week will will start posting the top 5 and bottom 5 rankings. Jacksonville is currently in the lead for the race to the #1 overall pick of course, and the Packers are cruising tight along to be our early Super Bowl favorite.

Just about ready to get on to this weeks meat, but let us first have our weekly nod to Max Kellerman in our These Four Things I know Are True!

- In the land of shoulda-woulda-coulda the Giants are 4-0, in reality tho... not so much

- Playing the Jaguars when your franchise QB is out for the week must be what it feels like to win the lottery

- It is looking more and more like someone inside the Jets organization set up Geno to get knocked out...

- Gary Kubiak's headset plays Kenny G and Peter Cetera songs and is connected to no coach on the Bronco's staff.

Now let's get to the meat!!!! (No, we are not sponsored by Arby's).

The Good

- Baltimore Ravens

You got a gift. Take it and stfu. Off the snide, but you still are not doing anything this year. Joe Flacco is still overrated.

- The New York J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!

Geno Smith's broken jaw is the reason for the success. Well that and a defense that is 1st in points allowed and 2nd in overall yards allowed. Funny how even in this modern ear the mantra 'Defense wins Championships' still rings true. Don't get me wrong, the Jets aren't winning any championships this year, not the division anyways, but still. 3-1 is 3-1.

- Atlanta Falcons

Yea... 42-0 on what is supposed to be a top ranked D... The dirty birds are flying high. Amazing what a change in offense and a healthy o-line can make. Fantasy owners who had Devonte Freeman... be sure to thank the football gods tonight in your prayers.

- Chicago Bears

All is well is Chi-town!!! Cutler came back and you won... Da Bears!!!! Da Bears!!! Da... wait... you guys beat Oakland and barely at that. The cold weather, bear and deep dish pizza have finally made Bears fans stupid. Nice win. Now hush.

- New York Football Giants

2 in a row... that 's 1 away from a streak. 2-2 is tied for the division lead, but you know you should have been 4-0. But you aren't... 2-2 is what you are and that will do for now...

- Cincinnati Bengals

Still waiting on the Bungles to show their faces... and believe me it will come. Andy Dalton is acting like he is some kind of actual good qb, of course this is the regular season after all. The Chiefs aren't exactly a test of might in the AFC but still a win is a win.

- Carolina Panthers

Yea... this is a fake undefeated team if ever there was one... Of their 4 opponents between them they have 3 wins (four if the Saints hold on against Dallas... ). The bye week is next but an angry and hungry Seahawks team will be waiting for them on the other side.

- Washington Redskins

2 wins is 2 more than most people thought they would have going into the season with Kirk Cousins as their starting QB. Granted he isn't the reason for the wins and is likely a huge part of the losses, still... 2-2 and in the hunt for the division title. Not a bad place to be at the quarter pole.

- St. Louis Rams

This is why you never bet division games. Maybe the Cards just read too much of their own pres... or maybe Gurly is the man after all (see what I did there? ha!). I don't think the Rams are horrible, but I don't think they are great either. Chalk this one up to the Cards not paying attention but it still counts as a win.

- Denver Broncos

If in Peyton's prime he had a defense like this they would have won games 50-0. Manning may be getting old but he still comes through in the clutch. Just keep Kubiak away from the play calling...

- Green Bay Packers

Might as well have been the bye week... Discount Double Check and the Relax crew just keep rollin on...

- New Orleans Saints

A win!!! Yea!!! That's one... NEXT!

Now for our weekly musical interlude...

[video=youtube;OPf0YbXqDm0]

Now back to the show!!!

The Bad

- Oakland Raiders

Just a quick stop on your way back to the Ugly section... Keep it moving. How you gonna be anything if you lose to Jay Cutler?!?!?

- Indianapolis Colts

No, you aren't good. No Matt Hasselbeck isn't better than Luck. No you didn't find the keys to winning games. You play Jacksonville, and they just suck. STFU.

- San Diego Chargers

You better be glad someone jumped off-sides other wise you'd be looking for a new kicker as well... What kind of team are you guys anyways? No really... someone clue me in...

- Arizona Cardinals

Stop reading your press clippings and get back to work. You are who you think you are.

- Minnesota Vikings

You cannot win leaning on Bridgewater and giving AP 16 carries. Do we need to do the math again? Come on man!!!

And no folks it is time to sling mud at those who just will never know we did it. It's time to light the smoking sign and get down to the...

The Ugly

- Pittsburgh Steelers

Josh Scobee has been cut now it is time to get rid of Todd Haley. A throw to the right flat by a left handed qb on 4th down... Yea man that's just brilliant. That game is gonna hurt down the road. Get well soon Big Ben.

- Miami Dolphins

It is usually in the NBA that you see players drive out a coach but I guess the NFL isn't immune. It is not a matter of if Philbin get's fired but when. Does anyone down there still have the Tuna's number?

- Houston Texans

Just be clear... Hoyer sin;t the answer either. The garbage time td's he scored were against the equipment staffers they put in the game after the Falcons had eviscerated the starters. I am thinking Obrien's head may be on the chopping block even though this is only his second year.

- Kansas City Chiefs

And reality has set in in KC... Alex Smith is not a winner. 45 pass attempts for someone who can't get the ball down the field is just not a plan that will win games. Andy Ried is safe... for now.

- Jacksonville Jaguars

Yup... even against a back up quarter back and a bad team you just can't get there. Rebuild year 3 continues. I hear your old kicker wants to come home tho...

- Tamp Bay Buccaneers

Yessir... the losses will keep coming. Drafting Winston did not just magically make you a good team. Keep Working though.

- Philadelphia Eagles

Chip Kelly wanted full control, he got it. Pretty soon the piper will come a callin' though. Can you keep Chip the head coach and fire Kelly the GM? Probably not. I doubt he gets fired before Philbin but you never know. Philly can be a tough spot.

- Cleveland Browns

So close yet so far away huh there buddy? Go get yourself an ice cream son... but no sprinkles... sprinkles are for winners.

- San Francisco 49ers

Nope. You ain't getting any better any time soon. I wanna meet the guy who convinced management to make all the changes they made in the offseason. That guy could sell ice to Eskimos. There is no part of the 49ers game that is any good. Just none.

- Buffalo Bills

Welcome to reality fellas. Great job making Eli look good to. As for Rex's question... Nope his guys haven't had enough... there are more beatings on the way. 17 penalties though... ouch.

- Dallas Cowboys

So... no Romo no problems? Yea... more like no Romo no wins. That TD catch was a make up for the Dez Bryant call in the Packers game last year btw. More L's on the way and I couldn't be happier.

That is all we have for this week, tune in next week when we will hear Ed Hoculi say "Yes Mr. Manning you are old enough to get that call..." Just remember this is my opinion and that and $99.00 will get you a Boss od3 and you will love it!!!

Hit us on twitter @GBUCentral, email: gbu_central@yahoo.com and on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SJMusings

SportsChump, CaptainStubing and TJ like this.
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, this is the point in the season when we are starting to get an idea of what each team is.

The Falcons really look solid in every facet. they are the surprise for me this year.

the packers and patriots look solid once again.

there seem to be a larger-than-normal amount of bad teams this year. and then there's a lot of mediocrity.

is it my imagination or has the play thus far in general been more sloppy than normal with more turnovers and penalties than a normal season? Maybe it's just the games I've watched that have skewed it.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Kickers suck this year. All it took was moving the extra point a few yards back. Everybody lost their freakin' minds!!

I have also noticed more injuries this year...or is it only my team, the usually just healthy enough Cowboys?

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Falcons are iron pyrite. There are quite a few more injuries this year. I just wonder if last night was more Cowboys line is overrated or is our rookies starting to find their step? Best thing of all was that last td Dallss made and Jerry Jones started celebrating without checking out the clock. Benson did the same when Hartley missed that chip shot against Tampon a couple years back. That game was grade A USDA certified ugly but a win is a win. Brees clearly wasn't healed. All I have to say is I LOVE ME SOME CJ SPILLER. Thanks Buffalo. Makes up for Byrd.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Redskins are ugly. they have just been less ugly two times this year against the rams and eagles

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Redskins are ugly. they have just been less ugly two times this year against the rams and eagles

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Post so awesome it deserved to be posted twice.