More on Christine Michael

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by PeteTheGreek, Oct 3, 2015.

1. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

The local guys typically know best. You can ignore most of this article, just do a search for Michael to get to the relevant part. Some of the quotes are very interesting, specifically:

" I think Michael does play and he could instantly get most of the carries. Pure speculation, but the Cowboys look to be serious about turning over every rock to try to find the right combination to get the offense going. "

and...

" I am not sure how the snaps will be divided, but it might be quite a bit for Christine if it works early."

Direct Link:

http://beta.sportsdaydfw.com/dallas...ses?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm interested to see what he has. And why Dallas traders for him.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I figured we traded for him to be ready for the inevitable McFadden injury...

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Huge game for the kid. Just monstrous.

5. PeteTheGreek

Actually, I agree. It was a huge game for Michael.
    -Dunbar hurt
    -Randle 11 carries, 26 yards
    -McFadden 10 carries, 31 yards
    The idea of adding Michael was a long-term high-upside flier.

Michael now a must-add prospect. One RB ahead of him hurt, the other two underperforming. The rumor was they had only one package for Michael put in for this game. After the backs ahead of him failed, I think they really give him a long look this week. Don't you?

LebaneseFF likes this.
  6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

yeah I agree. Too bad he is not available in any of my leagues

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Any word about Dunbar's injury? I read last night that he might have a torn ACL, pending MRI...

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Haven't heard an update today yet. The fear is that he has an injury like Scandrick's. A torn ACL AND a torn MCL. That would mean he was out for the year.

Talk to the Bears about Forte?

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't know, but with Randle in the doghouse and Dunbar out for the year, maybe this Christine guy will step up. No way McFadden goes the full season without getting hurt.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Michael's 221 pounds. Maybe he can stay healthy.

11. PeteTheGreek

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He was available in all my three leagues...what the hell, I'm 1-4 in all of them, anyway...I just took him in all three.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah...that was great advice. I'm 1-6 now. I hate fantasy football.

15. PeteTheGreek

Hahah, if you're 1-6 it's not from holding onto Michael. I have him in 3 leagues, I'm 3-4 in one and winning record in both the other two.

I WILL say this: what McFadden did last week is what I expected Michael to do if/when Randle went down or lost the gig. With his legal troubles, I expect Randle to be out of the picture for good... and we all know McFadden's injury history. Where I have him, as long as I don't need the roster spot, I'm keeping Michael.

Names I would drop Michael for:
    Orleans Darkwa
    Jordan Reed (how is he available in 50% of leagues??)
    Antonio Andrews (if I needed a starter this week - but not rest of season)
    David Cobb (if I wanted rest of season upside)

Names I would not drop Michael for:
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Reggie Bush
    Chris Polk

16. PeteTheGreek

...aaaaannnd Michael was dropped today. They never gave him an opportunity to succeed. Very disappointing.

So who's next up behind Run DMC? Why that would be Rod Smith...

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It doesn't matter at this point. Romo is back, the Cowboys are on desperation mode...expect 60 passes thrown per game...