Trade Advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Bigcat27, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Bigcat27

Bigcat27 EOT JAN 1 2020 Premium Member

Have a trade proposal from a guy who is in full sell mode already. His roster:
    QB - Palmer, Tannehill
    RB - Ingram, Karlos Williams, CJ Anderson, Chris Johnson
    WR - Benjamin, Woods, Landry, Quick, Shorts
    TE - Witten, Gates

We are in a dynasty league so I can trade him players and picks (his preference). His #1 waiver priority for this week is also on the table.

My roster:
    QB - Bortles, Big Ben
    RB - Spiller, Blue, Lynch
    WR - Decker, Hilton, Robinson, Fitzgerald, Megatron, Garcon
    TE - Walker, Ertz

My question - who/what should I trade for Palmer? I am planning to get his waiver priority for a late draft pick next year to pick up Hillman this week, so I don't think I need another RB.

2. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

In a league like this where everything is wide open - picks, waiver priority, etc. - suggesting a trade is near impossible. I also don't know your league flow or trade history. Perhaps try to put together a trade yourself and then I can offer you my opinion on the value from an outsider perspective. In general, yes, I think you should try to upgrade at QB - but keep in mind it's only a 4-5 week upgrade while Ben is hurt- so I wouldn't overpay or sell off the future.

3. Bigcat27

here's what I did propose:
    I receive - Palmer, his waiver priority this week, his 7th round pick next year, his 10th round pick next year
    he receives - Megatron, my 2nd, my 4th, my waiver priority whenever I get first again (which is unlikely as he'll likely have it every week going forward)

Nice thing about using QB as a FLEX in our league is that if you can have two good ones, like i would with Ben and Palmer after this, you're having pretty big weeks every week hopefully.

4. Bigcat27

Okay, trade is done - now with the #1 waiver do I take Ronnie Hillman or the Falcons D? or someone else? I will need another RB I think because of the uncertainty of Lynch's status and the fact that Blue is essentially done with Foster back. And Spiller is no guarantee either.

5. PeteTheGreek

In your situation Hillman for sure. Since you can use QB in flex this is essentially a 2qb league so I like the move, even though I think you may have been able to do it for much less.

6. Bigcat27

trust me, I wasn't happy about it either but that's the going rate for QBs in that league right now. I still do need to pick up a DEF though and it sounds like ATL will be gone by the time I get a turn again. Any suggestions? I am considering the NYG and PIT, any other sneaky suggestions? No one streams in my league so all the usual top 12 are gone.

7. PeteTheGreek

Giants I guess but that's ugly

8. Bigcat27

Here's what's left
    Browns
    Jags
    Bucs
    Chargers
    Lions
    Ravens
    Titans
    Bears
    49ers
    The Team Who Shall Not Be Named
    Saints
    Colts
    Cowboys
    Steelers
    Giants
    Falcons

9. PeteTheGreek

Id be tempted to go with one of the Ravens / Browns ones or the Jags but it's all bad.

10. Bigcat27

You got that right. Ok you're thinking the same way that I am, which is good. I'll see what I can get putting in claims for all of them - Falcons, Giants, Ravens, Jags

11. Bigcat27

Ended up getting the Jags AND the Falcons D ;)

What's your gut feeling on higher points for the weekend? In a match that is too close to call and this might be the gamechanger.