Offered a trade & Newton on the waiver wire

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Kingdahnk911, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Kingdahnk911

Kingdahnk911 EOT Feb 18th, 2016 Premium Member

Hi Guys,

12 teams, 0.5ppr

I have a lot of RBs and could really use a solid WR. Someone just offered me Antonio Gate & Julian Edelman and they would like Travis Kelce & Todd Gurley in return. Could you please help me out and let me know if you think he has anything worth countering for? My team is 2-2 (after starting 0-2) so I feel like I am on the upswing and my team is getting healthy.

Here is my lineup My linuep.JPG

And here is his lineup... His Lineup.JPG

Also, someone just dropped Cam Newton in this league... I was thinking about dropping Mike Wallace and picking up Newton (clears waivers on Saturday) and if that goes through I could drop Taylor next week and grab a waiver wire WR. Do you like Newton over Taylor moving forward? Taylor was hot, but do you think he will cool off?

Thanks again for all your help.

2. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

1) Absolutely grab Newton. No-brainer add. You should drop Romo for Newton, then MAYBE Wallace if a better WR is available. Don't hold 3 QBs. Drop Romo.
    2) In general I like the trade as Edelman is a WR1 in PPR. So, you're giving up your 3rd best running back for a slight downgrade at TE and a WR1. However, Gurley has HUGE upside-- clearly that's what this owner is paying WR1 price for. So ask yourself, if Gurley goes off and is just ridiculous, can you stomach having parted with him? If so, then make the deal. If not, don't. Personally, I'd counter with Gurley for Edelman straight up.

3. Kingdahnk911

Thanks Pete. I countered with the Edelman/Gurley straight up.

Also, I should have mentioned that in this league we have 5 bench spots and an IR spot (i.e. Romo). For me to pick up Newton, I'd need to drop someone from my bench. With that said, do you think that Wallace is the guy to drop? With Newton back next week, I could drop taylor and pick up a wire WR (I don't think anyone takes Wallace this week, so he may still be there).

4. Kingdahnk911

Pete - Also, I just confirmed that he accepted Gurley for Edelman. Thanks for your help. Getting Edelman will help bring some much needed WR stability