the beer thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by smeags, Sep 14, 2015.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

after seeing @Walnuts and @DawkinsINT quick exchange in the hangout thread I thought this subject def needed it's own.

I highly recommend well's banana bread. awesome beer. lager beer, the banana bread flavor is slight at the beginning and at the end.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'll have to give that a try next weekend.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

that apple ale beer tastes like stale piss smells! i doubt i can find bananna beer here.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I've tried the Banana Bread, it wasn't my thing. I really didn't catch enough banana or bread for it to be anything unique, it was just another English Ale to my palate...not to say that it was bad by any means, just not a style I'll go out of my way for. I do know other people who really like it as well though, so I'm chalking it up to my inferior taste buds and calling it good.

Tonight I'm having a Gigantic IPA and a Hop Valley Alpha Centauri IIPA. The Gigantic is super legit, it's one of, if not the, best Oregon IPA's I've found since moving here. I'd put it up against any single IPA Ive ever had anywhere. Its killer. The Alpha is whatever, it's just another big hoppy strong Imp. IPA, they're a dime a dozen these days. But, it's 9%, really tasty, and 4 bucks a bomber so f**k it.

5. DawkinsINT

I just tried the Well's Banana. Not bad. I thought it tasted strange at first but liked it more as I sipped more. Will have a better feel for it when I have more this weekend.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Alameda Yellow Wolf IIPA. Falls into the same category as the Alpha from yesterday. Good enough, just another big hop blast imperial, but at 8.5% and 9 bucks a sixer, it gets the job done and sometimes (often) that's all I need.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

image.jpeg

One of my favorite brewery out of Denver. They also make one of my favorite chocolate milk stouts but that's only seasonal.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

leinenkuge'ls harvest patch - good pumpkin beer.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

PS - did a jack's honey/wells banana bread broiler maker

highlight of the day compared to what I watched at the linc.

10. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

If you're ever in Oklahoma and want to try a good IPA I suggest Roughtail IPA. It's my favorite I've found so far, they are just too small currently to leave the state.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I've been to Oklahoma once and that was enough to decide I'll never voluntarily return. Never have I seen so many slack-jawed, overalls-and-no-shirt wearing, unintelligible, likely inbred, people in my life and I dont care to repeat the experience. I was in Tennessee a couple days previous and it was like like being on campus at Harvard compared to Oklahoma. I'd love to go back to Tennessee with more time to spend, I'd rather f**k an angry hippopotamus than go back to Oklahoma.

12. SNPokc

Sounds like you were in Norman. Poor choice.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Mostly OKC.

14. SNPokc

So you just hung out in a walmart then?

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

and truck stops.

16. DawkinsINT

I'm currently enjoying a Loowit Shadow Ninja IPA. Holy f**k does this hit the spot after the week I've had.

SNPokc likes this.
  17. SNPokc

I'll have to check it out. I live trying new IPA's

18. DawkinsINT

It's a local IPA from Vancouver, WA. I don't it's distributed nationally. I'm not positive about that though.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What you doing in my hood?

[​IMG]

Omen likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

Haha...I actually thought about sending you a PM yesterday when I realized I would have a few free hours. It was a last minute type deal though as originally I was supposed to go to dinner with a co-worker. I'll be out there 3 or 4 times a year though. Next time I'll let you know in advance in case you have a little free time on a Friday night.

Omen likes this.