Waging the war on wagering

Discussion in 'Daily Fantasy Football' started by SportsChump, Nov 11, 2015.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

pretty sour subject.. not sure I was to lay it all out right here, right now.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Kurt...

I love to gamble. I'd love for it to be legal. I understand why it's not.

But what I don't understand is the difference between betting on fantasy football and betting on games.

And that's where I think the DA's got 'em.

4. Kurt

Ya... It's been a good run.. They have enough money to tie it up a year or two and in the mean time I'll play till I can't play anymore.

But it is a game of skill... For the record.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

My point is, Kurt, so is wagering on football games. Neither outcomes are predetermined.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

And Kurt, thanks. You just inspired a post. Stay tuned.

7. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I actually don't understand why gambling isn't legal. No one forces anyone to make a bet. Government gets their share in taxes. And it keeps people from getting in with bookies, which I do understand why it is illegal.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

For the same reason there's limitations on drugs and alcohol, Pokc. Gambling can be just as addicting.

9. SNPokc

Except tabacco and alcohol is legal and much more damaging.

Kurt likes this.
  10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

They may be damaging to one's body but perhaps not as damaging to one's bank account.

And all I'm saying is that there are limitations on tobacco and cigarettes, appropriately so.

Trust me, I'd love to be able to gamble legally. But I understand why I cannot.

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

12. Kurt

Why do I need the government to tell me what I can and cannot do, so long as I'm not hurting anyone or myself. I mean, seriously when is enough, enough .. I can bet on the State lotteries, horses, local pool games. Folks need to chill out this is Fantasy football..

13. Kurt

Chump vs knucklehead.. Oh the irony.

You and I go head to head in a tournament, the limit on entries is 100 a piece. If you haven't been playing much if any DFS then I'll probably mow you down, period. Just like the horde of "sharks" that I see finish ahead of the heard on the weekly basis. I export these f**k**ers lineups when the week is complete and their methods obviously work consistently. These guys are better than everyone else, period. And I'm better than your average Joe, but not as good as the top sharks. I know this for a fact based on weeks upon weeks of exporting everyone's results and grading each user.. Imacros is your buddy ;)

So no, I'm not watching Rounders and coming up with my assessment. It's based on numbers that I personally put together in small data sets... Yes small but what I noticed was more than proof enough that some guys really are making a living kicking the avergae joes ass on the daily. They use volume in large tournaments and use algos to create optimal variance across 100's of entries. And for head to heads, they don't seem to have an edge on me, but there again, so far it's a small data set.

SNPokc likes this.
  14. SNPokc

maxdalury

Kurt likes this.
  15. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

First of all, Kurt, well done and thank you.

PLEASE cut and paste that response on to my website if you'd be so kind.

And again, what can be said about researching lineups that can't be said about doing research on the games themselves?

That's where I fail to find the difference.

I say make it all legal or stop teasing us.

16. Kurt

Its not about research, it's about strategy. There isn't a game play strategy in regular betting.. but there is in DFS.

17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

So the playing and reading your opponent element of fantasy football is where the skill comes in?

18. Kurt

In regular betting you can look at the opening lines, then the movement and use that as an indicator where you may want to put your money. Then a team that shouldn't win, wins, and everyone screams "upset".. this is why heads up sports is illegal to bet on at my local pool hall.

In DAILY fantasy football you need to use your knowledge of a players perceived value to your advantage. If "the crowd" is in love with player XYZ then you'll want to fade him. If a top DB is covering a hot name, you'll want to look to the secondary WR. This and about 20 other thing I checkoff for each pick. So I guess it's a combination of research, strategy and ya in some cases luck. Like getting the right combinations for the millionaire winning.

19. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I still see little difference.

If you're starting a particular WR because of a weaker secondary, you'd bet that football game the same way.

And in both cases, there are no guarantees of success.

Kurt likes this.
  20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the state,local and feds are just pissed off cause draft kings and fan duel has cut them out of the money making end of the deal.

Kurt likes this.