DEF to target for playoffs

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Bigcat27, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Bigcat27

Bigcat27 EOT JAN 1 2020 Premium Member

Well, it looks like I've got the #1 seed and a first round bye locked up (unless Dan Bailey can kick 10 50+ yard field goals tonight somehow).

The teams left in the mix are all really strong. I think I probably have the best WR depth and QB combo for sure, and a decent TE and K, but probably the weakest RBs on the flip side.

To maximize my last place waiver claim, I was thinking of picking up some (one or maybe two) defenses this week to stash for the playoffs. Right now I have the Texans and Vikings under contract - are there any juicy matchups that I should take advantage of those weeks?

I was thinking maybe 49ers (play CLE in two weeks) or Jets. Any other prime candidates?

2. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I'd use the Jets in week 14-15 but not week 16. Who else is available for week 16?

3. Bigcat27

Bigcat27 EOT JAN 1 2020 Premium Member

as of right now:
    1. Steelers
    2. Bucs
    3. Jets
    4. Ravens
    5. Dolphins
    6. Titans
    7. Colts
    8. Lions
    9. Jags
    10. Raiders
    11. Cowboys
    12. 49ers
    13. Browns
    14. Saints
    15. Chargers

There will likely be a few more coming onto the list this week as others prep for next weekend, so I was thinking of two things: first, screwing someone over for next weekend by snapping up a DEF that would be useful, and then second, snapping up a DEF that I could use the week after.

I have some room to play on my roster - i.e. can and will drop Chandler as soon as the Gronk announcement comes out, so I can mix and match up to three spots (the two DEF I already have plus Chandler).

4. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

If you have the Texans still keep them they play TEN week 16. That's who I was going to target but a guy had priority over me last week. If you have Vikings that isn't a bad match up week 15 vs the Bears better if it was not a divison game cause those don't always look like they should on paper. CAR VS NO is a good example of that.

JETS VS DAL week 15 is bad at all. If you are worried that the NFCN rivalry will end up giving the Vikings fits.

Gronk isn't likely playing this week just an FYI. It isn't shocking they play the Texans so they won't push him back for that game. I hope he will be back week 15.

5. Samson

Samson Lifetime Member Premium Member

I did not really get deep into the list of 15 nobody jumped put at me as a must have DEF. I don't know off hand who those 15 teams play week 15 and 16.