Dallas Cowboys 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by TJ, Jan 4, 2016.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If the Eagles have their thread, we might as well have ours. Probably it will just be me, Ragman and Omen talking among ourselves, but I want to do this anyway. BTW, has anybody seen Jihad Joe?

Anyway, we start the offseason with some key question marks.

4th overall pick in the draft. Do we draft Romo's successor?

If we don't, what position do we upgrade? With Claiborne pretty much gone, Carr underperforming, and Scandrick coming back from ACL surgery, I'd like us to get the best CB available.

Do we go after Johnny Manziel? He wants out of Cleveland so bad, maybe even come back home to Texas, and Jerry came this close to drafting him in 2014. I say if we can get a reasonable deal, go for it. He can't be worse than Weeden, Cassel or Moore.

Do we re-sign Hardy? Does he even want to?

Looks like Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere, as he's entering year 2 of the 5-year extension he signed a year ago. Another losing season could be the end for him, right? RIGHT?

Anyway, let's talk Cowboys offseason in this thread. Please?

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I'd be shocked if Dallas did not go after him cause the browns will ask next to nothing(4th or 5th round pick) for him.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

What? No. He has to get cut. Everybody knows the Browns are done with him. No team will make a trade offer; they will end up releasing him.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I tweeted yesterday that the problem with JM is that he has not been told no often, if at all. I also told JJ to not draft him. Finally, I said that he needs to go sell cars with his daddy. Maybe that will straighten him out.

At first, I wanted us to draft Goff at #4, but with what Cleveland has said about JM, the Browns may wind up taking Goff at #4. He seems to be the most pro ready QB in the draft.

Keep Hardy? No. Other than the first week he played against NE, he has not performed as well as advertised. Maybe that was due to the time he was suspended. IDK.

As for Garrett, he's not going anywhere. We're stuck with him.

How about the WR, Treadwell, at #4? I'm getting a bad feeling about Dez. He may be one of those players that's always dinged up.Look at Hakeem Nicks as an example.

Don't know if anyone saw this, but the Cowboys saved $2M on Sunday when Sean Lee didn't play because of a hamstring issue. He said that if he couldn't help the team and play at a 100% level, he didn't want to be out there. Imagine that. An NFL player who puts the team above himself. The money that the Cowboys save here could be important in signing an extra player or two down the road.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I read on ESPN that the Cowboys would give him that bonus anyway, or half of it. But yeah, that was surprising.

I think WR is not a high need at the moment. Let's give Dez the chance to come back from his foot surgery. We have T-Will who had a very disappointing year, but I blame it on the QB carousel we had. He still made a few plays, and closed strong against the Redskins 4th-string DBs, but still. Lucky #13 has lots of potential, as Devin Street does, IMO.

If we do not go QB at #4, I want us to pick a CB. Claiborne is as good as gone, Carr has been a disappointment, Scandrick is coming back from a torn ACL, and they want to move Byron Jones to safety. I think it's our thinnest position. Thoughts?

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

if they cut him,he is subject to waivers.he can end up being claimed by anybody else and not the cowgirls.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm taking that chance. Peter King estimates at "at least 25 teams want nothing to do with him"

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i would not believe that fat piece of s**t if he said water was wet. he'll end up in dallas one way or another.i think kellen moore could be a better qb than manzell if he has a decent qb coach to work with.

9. ragman

IDK about Street. Some games he just doesn't show up. I prefer Lucky over him.

I agree that DB is a definite need, but at #4?

For what this is worth, I saw a mock draft from Bleacher Report. They have us taking Joey Bosa at #4.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

after tonight's nat championship game,i bet dallas takes deshaun watson,the clemson qb if he is there at the 4th pick. he is less of a risk than rg3 or johnny manziel would be.

11. ragman

No. He's only a sophomore.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

thought they said he was a jr. my fault.

13. ragman

For what this is worth, Wikipedia says he's a sophomore.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Been lock up in the asylum guys ( not really)

Ill say this much. Im gonna be livid if we dont go QB at 4. I like all 3 but my preference is Wentz.

Im preparing myself for Dak Prescott at 34 however

TJ likes this.
  15. ragman

Did you hear that Prescott got picked up on a DUI last Sunday morning at 12:45 AM? I doubt he goes that high now.