The "I Just Watched This TV Show" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by markaz, Apr 27, 2015.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Have you ever read any of the books? They're great, but they are LONG.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

1st three books. stopped there and wanted to read them after the series is over.

ragman likes this.
  3. ragman

I've read all of them. Waiting impatiently for the next one.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

you may waiting for a long time. martin is enjoying the fame the show is bringing. spending way too much time on the comic con tours.

it does bring up an interesting deal though, what's he do in the books ? the series may be over before the next book comes out.

5. ragman

From what I've been reading on various websites, that may very well happen.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Game of thrones is amaaaazing. This season has put it at 1A with breaking bad as my favorite shows ever.

In season 4 of Dexter now. I skipped season 3 after a few episodes but season 4 is good so far.

Started house of cards today. Got to episode 7. I'm digging it.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah game of thrones is my all-time show right ahead of the wire, breaking bad, sapranos, & battlestar galatica(reboot).

8. ragman

I'm hearing positive things about the new Kiefer Sutherland show, Designated Survivor, on ABC. He plays a Secretary of Housing and Urban Development who becomes President after the current President and his Cabinet are killed in a bombing during the State of the Union address.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

game of thrones was off the hook this season. the finale may have been a top 5 episode ever.

Steve12 likes this.
  10. Steve12

Game of thrones was amazing. I love seeing everything start to come full circle and head towards the endgame.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

I am convinced cersei knew what she did would send tommen over the top. why else was she dressed in the outfit before all that went down ?

12. Steve12

Yea dude it all comes down to that prophecy about her children. She knew it would happen and that it would give her what she wanted.

I'm super curious to see how Jaime reacts now. He's always said that only cersei matters to him. But now it feels different. Queenslayer?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

well they are pretty much off the books now so they can run with it anyway they want to.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

so umm, the luke cage series on Netflix is pretty damn good.

also enjoyed bojack horseman, peaky blinders and penny dreadful.

hbo's westworld is good so far as well.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I caught that Designated Survivor show the other day. The premise is that a terrorist attack took out the entire cabinet and congress during the State of the Union Address, and the lowest secretary (who wasn't there) is appointed President of the United States. Now, I only watched it because Keifer Sutherland is there and I'm a huge 24 / Jack Bauer fan, but I was curious if anybody else has watched it. President Bauer FTW.

Speaking of 24!! They're rebooting it in February with a new cast and all. Caught the trailer the other day. It looks promising.

16. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

AMAZING I love it.

Another AMAZING show I am watching right now is WESTWORLD. I have no idea where its leading or going but I am sticking with it

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

I have designated survivor on my dvr - gonna have to get to it and catch up.

btw TJ - I gave up on gotham. the show is just all over the place.

18. ragman

I love it as well.

The plot is similar to Tom Clancy's book Debt of Honor. In that one, a Japanese airline pilot flies a jetliner into the Capitol during a joint session of Congress. This is how Jack Ryan becomes President.

19. Steve12

Westworld is the shiiiiit. Idk if I've ever been so all in on a show right off the bat. I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

phenomenal season. the finale was off the hook.

Steve12 likes this.