The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Even without the typical Jedi eye candy rogue one was amazing. The scale shots with the ships and the death star eclipsing the sun or coming over the horizon are epic. The first half I thought was just ok, but the second half is seriously awesome. I just watched it in the theater yesterday and I'm already irritated there's not a good copy to watch again at home.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

4. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I just watched a star is born.
    AMAZING movie. not usually my style but heard good reviews and I cconfirm them

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Thanks for the recommendation. My woman's been wanting to see it. So now I'll get brownie points AND get to see a decent movie. Winner winner.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yeah, my chick wants me to take her to see it too. Bradley Cooper's an Eagles fan....so I'm down with it.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I hear Bradley Cooper will soon be starring in Invincible 2. Actually that's not true at all but I just found it funny.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I watched the Rise of Skywalker last night which will go down as my last ever Star Wars movie. This is it for me, I'm getting off the bandwagon.

It's not that it's bad, because it's not. It's not that the ending felt like a cheat, which it did...

It's just that...I don't know. The hype is not the same, the excitement is not the same (I went to a midnight premier not even half-full), and not even the characters are the same anymore. It still feels like Star Wars...but it's just not the same anymore.

10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I way more looking forward to the release of Sandler's "Uncut Gems."

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Yeah, me too. The reviews for his performance are really good. I'm not into Star Wars at all.

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Just finished binge-watching The Wire. Damn good series!

If you've got nothing else better to do, and let's be honest, who does these days, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

The Wire is one of my all-time favorite shows. I did a re-watch a few months ago. Omar may be my favorite character ever. I'm currently doing a re-watch of The Sopranos. About to start the final season. It's so great.

15. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Dawk...

I may have to give Sopranos a shot but yea, the Wire, man. I gotta be honest. From everything I've read about the series, they say there's no real main star, that the star of the show is Baltimore but I felt McNulty was the main character... and I'm not ashamed to say I loved him. What a sick f**k!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The last movie I saw was "Life", about scientists in the ISS discovering some martian cells and reanimating them.

It freaked me the hell out so much, I've spent the quarantine playing video games and reading.

I'm sorry...I know I suck XD.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Considerably better movie of the same name ("Life") stars both Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. For some reason, kind of flies under the radar of the other Eddie Murphy movies but it is just as hilarious if not more so. And heavy. And co-stars the brilliant Bernie Mac.

Highly recommend if you haven't already enjoyed it.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So after yesterday's announcement from Disney I remembered I wrote this...maybe I won't be watching more Star Wars movies but nobody said anything about TV Series...

I'm looking forward do Kenobi's and Ahsoka's :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

I've been watching some older action/adventure movies this past week. I had never seen Last Of The Mohicans previously. Pretty damn good. I went back and watched Apocalypto for the first time in well over a decade. Such a great film. No matter what you may think of Mel Gibson as a person, the man can make a great movie.

20. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

On a Michael Pena bender, I caught "War On Everyone" currently on Netflix.

Highly recommend!

DawkinsINT likes this.