The 76ers

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by smeags, May 20, 2015.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

i know the route sam hinke took this team on rubbed some nba fans, including sixers fans, the wrong way. if you think about it, he's doing the only thing you can in the nba to get out of bad deals and rebuild.

there have been some bumps in the road but after last night the sixers look to be in great shape going forward. the roster could look like this next season;

embiid - C
    noel - PF
    saric - SF
    ???? - SG
    rusell - PG

assuming embiid comes back and play like nolen did, there is tons of young, raw talent, for brett brown to work with. i love the way brown coaches, he makes the guys play the game the right way. being a long suffering 76ers fan, the future is finally looking brighter.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The news that Embiid will need a second surgery and miss all of next season was not completely shocking, but it still felt like a kick in the crotch. I want this team to be a contender again so bad. I really miss competitive Sixers b-ball. f**k!

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, whether you agreed, or disagreed with "the process", here we are and the sixers look to have hit gold with embiid. from the looks of it, the only thing that can stop embiid, is his foot. so far , so good with that concern.

with simmons in wings waiting to start playing, saric looking like a great 6th man, the hope of trading okafor for some type of backcourt help (jimmy butler please), and the upcoming draft, the excitement level in this city for the sixers is amazing. we have been starved of good BB since the Iverson years.

the only problem I have is, whose jersey do I get ?

embiid ? or simmons ?

4. DawkinsINT

Embiid has completely breathed new life into not only the Sixers, but the Philly sports scene. The chanting of, "Trust The Process", last night was electric even on tv.

I can't wait until Ben joins the team. So glad to have excitement about this team again.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes it was and embiid along with simmons are going to make philly the place to be, for top FA talent.

ill admit the process was hard to cope with at times, but there's no real other choice in the nba.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I like what they're doing. It's about damn time this team started turning heads again... by winning basketball games.

Good for them.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, here we are, hopefully at the end of the process and heading into the rise.

starters as I would see it (if nothing changes)

c embiid
    pf saric
    sf covington
    pg simmons (??)
    sg fultz

8. DawkinsINT

It's so awesome to be excited about the Sixers again. I just hope they can stay healthy. I can't wait for next season.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I think the jury is still out on this Ben Simmons kid.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

truth be told. the jury is out on all of them.

11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I like Embiid but I'd like to see him play 70+ games a season and 35+ minutes a game.

As you suggest, Smeags, so does everyone else.