Discussing the recent concussion report...

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SportsChump, Jul 28, 2017.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I still come here every single day. It's been part of my routine for 12 years now. If I end up chatting with only two or three guys (and I think I'm being generous), it's fine.

As for the article, I think we should enjoy football while it lasts. America's finest athletes will start looking elsewhere: basketball, baseball, and not only because of the concussion issues, but because there's more money to be made in those other sports. NBA stars are making hundreds of millions and their contracts are 100% guaranteed. The NFLPA needs to start addressing that for the next CBA. I mean, if they're going to mess up their bodies and their brains for life, at least make sure that your contract will be fully guaranteed, right?

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej...

I think this recent hike in NBA salaries will also self-correct which is why you see so many guys jumping at the opportunity to land a huge pay day.

I mean, f**k. $250 million? That's a lotta dough.

I'd like to see NFL players that aren't quarterbacks or high-profile players get paid more. You think there'd be enough money floating around that sport.

Needless to say the NBAPA is a little more powerful than the other players' associations.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It's not the problem how much they make, but how those contracts are never fully guaranteed. Agents and players show off their 7-year $120 million extensions while in reality it's a 3-year $30 million contract, or something like that. Remember the contract Kaepernick signed just 2 or 3 years ago? He never saw anything even close to those $100 million. Stephen Curry's $250 million contract means he will get A QUARTER OF A BILLION FREAKIN' DOLLARS no matter what.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Again, just goes to show you how much power NFL owners have vs how much NBA players have.

I'd say there's a fair imbalance.

TJ likes this.