Upset!

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Mar 21, 2018.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

When sports commentary blowhards (present company excluded, of course) play the reactionary, “biggest or best ever” card, they’re generally doing so strictly for ratings. This week when you hear them talk about a little school in Maryland, however, they might just have a point.

My phone was blowing up on Friday night. I was working and couldn’t respond but knew exactly what all the fuss was about.

Come get upset at: http://sportschump.net/2018/03/21/upset/19890/

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

For me it will always be Giants over Patriots in Super Bowl 42. Sure, I was rooting for a division rival (the Pats do that to me sometimes...God, I hate them), but I never in a million years expected them to pull it off. Everybody was going insane that night.

And that little basketball team lost its following match, so...I don't know, maybe it was lightning in a bottle and Virginia would win 99 out of 100 matches. They just happened to catch the one that would not go their way.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej...

I agree. Upsets are all about context.

But I'm not so sure we should judge UMBC because they lost they're next round matchup. I mean, UVA was 17-1 in the ACC this year.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I was in the same boat. I still can't believe both that the Giants won and that I actually rooted for them. The Pats hate is strong.