The 2018 offseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 8, 2018.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, here goes nothing...

Eagles traded for Michael Benett, Giants traded for Alec Ogletree, and they could end up with Saquon Barkley...suddenly, the NFC BEAST looks absolutely insane.

Where do you think cousins ends up? I say Vikings.

Draft thoughts?

Come on...anything...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I really hope Barkley doesn't end up with the Giants. I like him and it would be a nightmare for me. I love the Eagles getting Bennett. I knew they weren't going to rest on their laurels....but wow.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seahawks just cut Richard Sherman. The Legion of Boom is oficially no more.

I'm really having trouble trying to understand why the Cowboys still don't have any cap room (like in the last 20 years) with Romo's contract finally off the books, and Dak counting for less than one million. Are we still paying Deion Sanders?

4. DawkinsINT

Look at the Browns making some serious moves. Are they actually going to win a game or two next season??

5. DawkinsINT

Richard Sherman on the 49ers just doesn't feel right.

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

With all the RBs being cut (Stewart, Murray) and the Bucs needing a 1A, why haven't they at least flirted with bringing one of these guys in?

Sorry, just venting.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Because Adrian Peterson will be cut today, SportsChump :D

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

And surprisingly enough, they barely touched their precious draft picks.

Trust the process, right?

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

trying to figure the cap position now for the eagles since the Bennett trade. I know the smith/Worley helped them bigtime. still figure to see other cap moves as well as cuts - prob celek, curry & and sproles.

10. DawkinsINT

Howie will work his magic once again....

11. DawkinsINT

With all of these trades and free agent movement, I don't know who is on what team any longer....

TJ likes this.
  12. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Richard Crabtree is a Raven :) signed a 3-year deal yesterday

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Especially the trades! It only took them 8 years to figure out you could trade good players in rookie contracts without much impact in your cap. I have done it in Madden's franchise mode for a couple of years now :D

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Frank Gore's on the Dolphins.

[crickets]

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys remain the only team that has not signed a free agent this offseason. Dak will be up for a new deal in a couple of years...it's like the window suddenly opened and nobody cared.

FML

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Scratch that. We got a couple of WRs...one I never had heard of before, and another one from Jacksonville. Bryant's replacement? If he refuses to take a paycut, maybe...

17. DawkinsINT

So Michael Bennett's Eagles career begins with a criminal indictment before he even takes the field....wonderful.

TJ likes this.
  18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Right. Just what we needed. A distraction in the Eagles locker room. Thank goodness!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. smeags

smeags militant geek

this sounds like some BS to me. DA says they had other more important issues to deal with so this sat until now ?? then you grandstand it and put him on trial through public opinion like its the crime of the century ??

if he did it though, he's a douche.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If Zeke wasn't even indicted and still got a six-game suspension, I'd like to think Benett will have to sit at least half a season. It's only fair.