The 2018 offseason thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Mar 8, 2018.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

DeMarco Murray just announced his retirement after 7 seasons.

Hey...remember that time when we had to choose between him and Dez and the decision seemed obvious? Both are gone now, only Dez left behind a 9 million dollar hole in our salary cap...

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

TO being on the "hall of fame" edition of madden 19 is some awesomeness.

TJ likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Very nice. Didn't see that.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I got the standard edition, with Antonio Brown in the cover. I mostly play head-to-head online and Franchise mode. Don't care for that ultimate team crap.

I almost didn't get it this year. Madden 17 and 18 are essentially the same game and I promised not to fall for that again. After reading some reviews and watching some videos, they really tried harder this year. It feels more fluid and realistic, and the team-building in Franchise mode got a complete revamp. So far, so good. The soundtrack still sucks, though. I play with my spotify list.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

[​IMG]

he looks great in Cowboys colors.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Usually the learning curve in a new Madden is complicated...but I really think this is a beta game, nobody tested it, and it's broken.

I can't run the ball, middle linebackers make impossible interceptions...I even swallowed my pride and downgraded to all-pro difficulty...and I still can't do anything.

Franchise mode is better in a team-building point of view, but now everybody gets injured all the time. My whole offensive line plus two backups were done for the season after week 5. I simulated a few seasons...draft class edition is pretty good...now the game doesn't spell to you when a prospect is a bust...that part is pretty good. I just wish they'd polish the gameplay because I became really frustrated pretty fast.

Ohh...the soundtrack sucks ass...