Super Bowl LIII. Patriots vs. Rams

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 21, 2019.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bellichick is twice McVay's age. Brady is almost twice Goff's age. Did you know Brady won his first ring against the Rams? Those will be just a few of the story lines we'll be sick and tired of by the end of next week.

Line opened at Rams -1.5 but I think the Patriots are favorites now.

I will never root for the Patriots, so go, Rams, I guess.

I think the Patriots will win. And it won't even be close.

Hopefully, I'm as wrong as I have been during all of January.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I guess I'll root for the Rams as well, but I don't really like them. I hate this matchup. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think it's amazing that for the second year in a row I'm rooting for a team to lose rather than for the other one to win. That's the Patriots dynasty, I guess...

4. DawkinsINT

I've changed my mind and I think I'm going to root for the Patriots. It will make the Eagles Super Bowl victory last year more meaningful as well as help in the future Goff vs Wentz debates.

I could easily change my mind at kickoff though. There is no good outcome either way.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I see your point. I almost agree with it.

But I don't want them to pass the Cowboys with their 6th Super Bowl. They probably will, but I don't want them to.

Just like last year, when I didn't want them to tie us...

6. DawkinsINT

That was one boring game.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Worst Super Bowl of my lifetime.

But for the first time ever I got to see the original transmission and the ads, so that's nice.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

9. DawkinsINT

I didn't mind the score of the game, I love a good defensive battle. There just were so few exciting plays.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

horrible game. nearly as bad as watching the giants or cowboys win one.

nearly, that is.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Of course I like and enjoy a good old-fashion defensive struggle. I really do...

Just not in the Super Bowl. There are too many people that don't even know what the game is about, that lose interest quickly and end up distracting us. That's why I called it the worst. I feel like I didn't even watch at times...