Week 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Sep 4, 2019.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's finally here! I'm glad they are opening up with all of these division games. Best way to get pumped up right off the bat.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I see a lot of previews with a Super Bowl Chiefs vs. Eagles, with the Eagles winning half of them.

The Eagles are not even the best team in their division, but ok, whatever...

4. DawkinsINT

I think many would just like to see Andy Reid against the Eagles for the story line. The Eagles are pretty stacked but I'm worried about their linebackers and pass rush off the edge. Barnett really needs to step up for their defense to be a real force.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My Super Bowl pick (I don't know where else to post it) is the one that should've been last year: Saints vs. Patriots with the Patriots winning an exciting game between 40+ year old QBs.

Cowboys will fall short again, in the divisional round, and I just pray that Garrett doesn't make it back next year. It's the most loaded roster we've had since the 90s and it feels like it's in handcuffs. Bring someone who can unleash its full potential.

6. DawkinsINT

I had to go to bed early last night and didn't watch the 2nd half of the Packers-Bears game. Looks like I didn't miss much. The way both QBs were out of sync after not playing in the preseason worries me a bit about Wentz and the Eagles offense for Sunday.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Last season's last game was 13-3. This season's first game finished 10-3. What happened to the offensive revolution? I didn't stop watching even though I wanted to xD.

8. DawkinsINT

I was hoping the Bears would lose by double digits after Al Michaels said that since their losses were by a total of 14 points last year they were close to a perfect season.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Mitch Trubisky looks absolutely awful. The fact that he was picked before both Deshaun Watson and Patrcik Mahomes, makes it funny as hell...

Good thing the Bears will probably not have the cap room to extend him. They should tank for Tua as well...

10. DawkinsINT

Teej - I'm sure you don't really like having to root for the Redskins as I don't like rooting for the Giants. In general I dislike the Giants more than the Cowboys, but I realize the much bigger division threat.

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oooohhh yeah!! How 'bout them Cowboys!! My Week 1 overreactions:

Dak Prescott is Elite and deserves 50 million per year. He's also passing for 6000 yards and 80 TDs this year.
    Miami is going 0-16
    New England is going 16-0
    Dallas will lose the Super Bowl to New England, with a score like 56-55.

Seriously, though...it's really eye-opening what New England has done and it's scary just to think what they will do once AB joins the roster. I don't know how anybody will stop them now. Then again, we said the same thing in 2007.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Yeah, the Cowboys looked really good.

The Eagles looked like the really missed the preseason in the first half. I love instant chemistry that Wentz and Desean Jackson have. It was really good to see Carson's movement as well. He looked so much healthier than last season. The defense really worries me though especially since Malik Jackson is going to miss significant time. They will have a much tougher test next week against Matty Ice.

The Patriots getting AB really pisses me off. It's just not fair.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

DawkinsINT likes this.