What Michael Jordan meant to me: My own ten-part documentary

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, May 21, 2020.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The main thing that I took away from watching the Last Dance was how much I miss that era of the NBA. So many great teams and players that didn't get a title because of MJ. He didn't play during a time when winning a championship was easy. The competition was tremendous. Jordan was kind of an asshole but he needed to be to get to that level.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

NBA stars really hated each other back then. I always said, what LeBron did 10 years ago with his "Decision", what Durant did later, was the equivalent of MJ joining the Pistons in 1990 after being unable to beat them, and winning 4 titles. There's just no merit for that. I really hate this "super-team and we only shoot 3s" era of basketball. It's painful to watch.

Yes, I miss the 90s. I also turn 40 in 2 years.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'll defend the modern NBA just for shits and giggles.

It's really tough to compare talent over decades but I can tell you this.

Seeing guys like Durant, LeBron, Anthony Davis and Steph Curry go back then, well, I think they'd be just fine.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Kevin Durant couldn't take a joke from Peyton Manning in the ESPYs. Just imagine how much he would've cried the first time Jordan talked thrash to him.

Millenials, they call them...

(Well, technically I am a millenial because I was born in the 80s but I've always thought the threshold should be a little lower, like 85 or something).

LeBron and AD would've been fine. As for Steph, I think he would've been a 6th man in the 90s. A player like Steve Kerr you put in when you need a couple of 3s to pull back or ice the game.