2021 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Feb 8, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Another Super Bowl has come and gone, but the NFL never stops...it's time for the offseason.

It's groundhog day in Dallas. Will Dak finally sign? Will Jerry give in? Third year in a row with this soap opera...at this point I just want it to be over. Sign, don't sign...I barely care anymore...

There was a lot of chatter over the weekend of Wentz being traded to the Bears for...wait for it...wait for it... Nick Foles!!! Eagles admitting they chose the wrong QB a couple of years ago?

The QB carousel around the league might be the craziest in years. Up to 18 teams could change QBs this offseason.

It will be fun.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Carson Wentz traded to the Colts for a 3rd round pick in 2021 and a contitional 2nd round pick in 2022.

This is the shortest grace period any super bowl winning team has ever had.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The conditional second round pick is sent to Philly if Wentz plays 70% of the snaps and sends the Colts to the playoffs. Totally doable.

At 33 million, this is the biggest dead cap hit in history. The cap is expected to be about 180 million.

Good luck, Eagles...hope you enjoyed that Super Bowl...

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I didn't want Wentz to be traded or Pederson to be fired. It's been an awful offseason for the Eagles. The problem lies with the management of the roster. I've always blamed Howie Roseman but it's become perfectly clear now that he has just been doing Lurie's bidding. There is no other reason for him not being fired.

I said after they won the Super Bowl that I could settle for a decade of mediocrity. It wasn't a damn request though!!!

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The first big free agent signing: J.J. Watt to the Cardinals, where he'll make the scariest Defensive End couple in the league with Chandler Jones...if we were in 2012.

One week for the Franchise Tag window and the Dak Prescott watch continues. I'm starting to think we're going to lose him...at least I hope we get Russell Wilson (unlikely), DeShaun Watson (unlikelier) or get a top QB in the draft (impossible if we don't trade up from 10th...which by itself will be almost impossible). At least the illusion that this roster was built to win now was destroyed last year, so it won't be that bad to see Dak sign with the Broncos for 45 million per year.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Our 2-year long nightmare is over. It's finally over!!!

Dak and the Cowboys finally agreed to a deal: 6 years (actually 4) 160 million (actually 123) with 120 guaranteed (actually 63, biggest signing bonus ever).

The last two years are dummy years used only to spread the massive cap hit. This will allow the Cowboys to pay Dak this year less than the Eagles are paying Wentz against the cap (sorry, can't help it).

Now the fun begins again...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I was so glad to hear this earlier. I had a nightmare that they would end up getting Russell Wilson. Seeing Dak's deal really makes me realize how much my job sucks haha.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Wilson possibility was never more than a pipe dream. It's like Scarlett Johanson saying "sure, I'd sleep with you"...but never actually intending it...she's just playing with your feelings...

I know the salary cap is fake and all that, but I can't help to feel glad they made it work with a lesser hit than the franchise tag. Now Jerry and Stephen can sign the washed up free agent who will look like the final piece of the defensive puzzle, only to realize by mid september that he hit the market for a reason. I think this year it will be Richard Sherman.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Fake Salary cap for 2021 season has been set to 182.5 million dollars, back to 2018 levels, 17 million lower than last year.

Saints are 60 million over salary cap, but will surely find a way. The cap is fake, anyway...

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Chiefs are all like "we just lost the super bowls because both our starting tackles were injured...let's release those useless pieces of sht..."

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tom Brady signed a 4-year extension with the Bucs.

I'll retire before he does (and the retirement laws in my country really suck, I'll die in my desk at 80 years old or something).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

He'll probably end up playing out the 4 years and then sign a 5 year deal with another team.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yesterday I was on holiday and I missed the beginning of free agency. Bill Bellichick saw Tom Brady win a Super Bowl without him and lost his freakin' mind. He has given more money in the past 24 hours than in his previous 20 years running the team. It will sound weird but I'm rooting for him. I miss having a team to root against actively.

In Cowboys land, yet another example of our fanbase hating everything the team does. LP Ladoceur (I hope I got it right), the Cowboys long-snapper since 2005, who turned 40 years old last weekend has been cut by the team and cowboys fans everywhere are angry again. I really don't get it.

Cowboys fans: EVERYBODY SUCKS!!! CUT EVERYBODY!!!
    Cowboys FO: (((Cut 40-year old veteran to save 2 million against the cap)))
    Cowboys fans: NO!!! NOT THAT ONE!!!!

The lesson, as always, you can't win...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

A random day in the last week of March has caused more excitement in the NFL than the NBA trade deadline:

Miami trades the #3 pick to San Francisco for the #12 pick and two more first rounders next year and the year after that.

Then they took that #12 and an extra first next year , and sent it to the Eagles for the #6 pick. Eagles now draft at 12.

The Dolphins are basically playing Madden at this point...

And this is only the beginning...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

NFL adds an extra game for all teams for 2021 season. 17 regular season games in 18 weeks. Teams matchup with a team from opposite conference that finished in the same divisional position.

Cowboys - Patriots
    Eagles - Jets
    Bucs - Colts

TJ likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm so upset about this. 16 is a perfect, round and even number, divisible by 2, 4, 8...well, I'll spare you my math obsession...let's leave it at it's a beautiful number.

When the Cowboys go 8-9 next season my brain won't be unable to process it. No more .500 seasons...RIP Jason Garrett era. No more 7-9 seasons. RIP Jeff Fisher era.

As always when it comes to change, I don't like it...but what can you do?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

I agree with you. I guess the bright side is that the Eagles won't make the playoffs anyway so it gives me one more game to watch.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sean Lee is retiring. An awesome linebacker, one of the smartest I've seen. He always seemed to be one step ahead from both the opposing offense and his own teammates. Too bad he could never stay healthy. He could make a great coach. I hope the Cowboys add him to the staff this year or next.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

It really is a shame that the injuries ruined what could have been a stellar career. Their defenses were never the same without him in the lineup.

TJ likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Tim Tebow is back!!! He signed with the Jaguars and his old college coach Urban Meyer...and he'll play TE.

Lawrence to Tebow for the TD!! And the Jaguars eliminate the Steelers in the Wild Card round!! :D

DawkinsINT likes this.