2021 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by TJ, Apr 12, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, so it looks like QBs will go 1-2-3 with Atlanta holding the defacto 1st overall pick and listening to offers. It's unlikely they'll pick a QB, as they still owe Matt Ryan like 100 gazillion dollars (approximate).

Cowboys pick in the top 10 which is always nice, and in good position to draft a top defensive player. I'd say the pick will be Surtain, the cornerback, but the fandom is speculating about the possibility of Kyle Pitts falling to 10 and having to make a decision, like with Ceedee Lamb last year. I really don't think Pitts will fall to 10. I don't even want to think about it...

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well we just gave you DaVonta Smith.

Enjoy.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I love DaVonta Smith’s skill set. He’s just so small that it’s an obvious concern. He’s fun to watch if he can stay healthy though.

I dislike the Cowboys getting Parsons because I like Penn State and don’t want to root against him. He can do it all though. Good pick.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, absolutely right. I always thought if we don't get Pitts (unlikely team fifty burger) or any of the top two CBs, then Parsons should be the pick, and they did exactly that even getting an extra pick by trading down.

All in all, good day 1.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't say I loved the Eagles draft outside of the first round. While Landon Dickerson could end up being a Pro Bowl player, I think the injury concerns outweigh it based on the amount of holes the team has. We need guys who can play right away. Most likely there will only be two starters out of this draft. We'll see though.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All the couch GMs in the Cowboys fandom are giving failing grades to this draft. Considering that the past drafts were highly rated and accepted, and those produced just a few solid players and a bunch of overpaid ones (I'm looking at you, Jaylon Smith), I'm really excited about this class. Seems like the defense has been taken care of. If only one of all those CBs pans out, it will be a success.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys fans: DRAFT DEFENSE!!! DEFENSE!!!!

Cowboys: Draft 8 defensive players.

Cowboys fans: NO!!!! NOT THOSE!!!!