The 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TJ, Jan 30, 2024.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

As many thought, the Browns will be the Eagles opponent when they open the NFL season in Brazil. Game will be on Peacock.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

So Jerry Jones basically said today that there won't be an extension for Dak and looks like they'll let him play on a contract year. OH BY THE WAY!!! Dak has a no tag clause on his contract.

If you're scoring at home, we have a head coach on a contract year and the starting QB on a contract year now. They will blow it all up. This stupid fanbase got their wish.

Me, a survivor of the post-Jimmy years, only thinks "not again...". Perhaps it's due... The Cowboys might not contend again until the 2030s.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, looks like the teams that will play on wednesday will play on thursday the week before.

4. DawkinsINT

The report was incorrect. It is between Browns and the Packers to play the Eagles. The decision has not been finalized yet.

I think they will play on the Saturday before. So it will be like a Sunday/Thursday game.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You gotta love Jerry. Sometimes I do, in the way you think an 80 year old grandpa is funny because he tells the same story over and over again, or he forgets what happened two days ago but remembers perfectly what he had for breakfast in 1985.

So he tried to backtrack from yesterday's comments, but ended up doubling down XD. "I never said we won't re-sign Dak. I just said no offers have been made and I don't think there will, so he won't be re-signed". Wait, what?!?!

I'm going to call him Abe Simpson now.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Good stuff, Chump. Hester was alway so exciting to watch on KO returns. I'm not sure how much I will like the new rule change until I actually see it in NFL game action.

8. DawkinsINT

Per Shefty:
    Trade: Eagles are sending edge-rusher Haason Reddick to the New York Jets for a conditional 2026 third-round pick that could be a second, sources tell ESPN. The 2026 pick becomes a 2nd if Reddick has 67.5% playtime this season and has 10 or more sacks. If not, it’s a 2026 third.

I hate this trade so much. I honestly thought we were going to keep him. Our defensive line has now gone from a strength to a weakness most likely. His kind of sack production is almost impossible to replace. It hurts even worse because he was my favorite defensive player. The Jets defense is stacked.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

See, what the Jets are doing actually is GOING ALL-IN!! I might root for them this year for Tyron, like I did with DeMarcus Ware and the Broncos a decade ago. It will feel weird rooting for Rodgers, though...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Bills traded Steffon Diggs to the Texans and then they "wiped out" the final, unguaranteed 3 years of his deal to a one year guaranteed and he'll be a free agent next year. The Bills end up with a 35 million dead fake cap hit.

The Diggs brothers have always wanted to play together. Just sayin'.

(Who am I kidding? The Cowboys don't sign free agents. They'll have to wait for Trevon to be released around 2026).

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It will be Eagles vs. Packers in Brazil to open the season in september 5th.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just two weeks until the draft and I can't remember a draft season in which I was this desinterested. I don't know if there are fewer mock drafts out there or my brain just filters them out and ignores them.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

With the Eagles not picking until 22 there are too many options for me to really dig into mock drafts. I'll just wait until draft night to find out Howie traded for more picks.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We'll probably take an offensive lineman at 24. They guy picked at 25 will have a HOF career.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

There are a lot of good OL from what I’ve heard. Eagles always draft linemen high so it wouldn’t surprise me if they grabbed one at 22.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Eagles have re-signed Davonta Smith to a 5 year, 97 million dollars extension. Smart for them with so many WRs waiting for new deals, including Ceedee Lamb, they decide to set the tone, as usual, and get the cheapest deal.

Can't wait to see how if affects their fake cap.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Great to have Smith & Brown locked up for a few more years together. I hope Smith takes his game up another level. He has been solid for sure, but seems like the full potential hasn’t been met yet.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

We seriously need to stop putting microphones in front of Jerry Jones. I really think he's gone senile. He just said the Cowboys "won the offseason" last year and still fell short. The Cowboys didn't sign anybody last offseason. Any starter, at least. He also said that thanks to Dak the roster will be "diminished" this year. He basically threw the franchise QB under the bus but still hopes to sign him in the upcoming weeks/months.

Dak, my brother...run. Run as fast as you can and as far as you can, and don't look back. Thanks for everything, you did your best. But go...go to a semi functional organization and win your ring like DeMarcus did.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Lions re-signed Amon-Ra St. Brown. 4 years, 120 million, 77 million guaranteed.

Ceedee just became more expensive.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

First night of the draft tonight. I hope the Eagles get a CB, whether it be via draft or trade (Surtain). Howie always does crazy things so there is no telling what they will do.

TJ likes this.